Indians @ Sox 6:10 Bauer vs. Shields

Jack Parkman

Why do I have to start the gamethreads these days? I don't usually start them, but I guess you guys wanted me to start it because they won last night. 

2 scoreless with a K for Shields. Hopefully he has a few good starts in a row so they can launch him, though I don't know if it really makes sense if he gets to the end of August on the Sox. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Bauer is looking really sharp, that curve is unhittable.

But when he strikes Yoan out, it’s because Yoan’s a bust. The rest of the lineup gets a pass, of course 

Moncada HR!!!!! Yoan takes take that "bust" comment and shove it up your arse!

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh shit Yoan, that was sexy

I was about to post that it looks like he has a hole in his swing with regard to the lower part of the zone. I was in the middle of typing it and then he made an in-at bat adjustment to how Bauer was pitching him and lit his ass up. Love to see stuff like that. That is true growth as a hitter. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I’m one of his biggest supporters on here so if that was sarcasm, I don’t get it 

I've been critical of Moncada lately because his performance warrants it, but I still believe in him and He's still my favorite Sox rebuild prospect. I just can't deny he's sucked since May 1st. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Steve Stone just compared Moncada to Trout in terms of tools. Either he's stupid too or I'm not a moron for saying he has those skills. 

He can hit for power, he has a good eye, he can run, and he could be a good defender. Probably not any of that to Trout’s extent but it makes sense.

The small market Indians are on their way to their 10th AL Central Division title since the division’s inception in 1994.  Conversely, the major market White Sox have won the division all of three times since the division came into being.   

• Like 1