Indians @ Sox 6:10 Bauer vs. Shields

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

What’s the takeaway from tonight’s game? 

There were three mid-twenties couples sitting behind me at the game tonight. For most of the game the guys were discussing how baseball has no action there only tge three homeruns through the 6th or so with little else for hits. Cleveland got a couple of hits and one of females said, there is your action. In the 8th when Avilan  was pitching 2 of the guys started complain about how slow it was and he was taking forever. Avilan threw over to first and they were yelling about what he was doing. After a second throw to first, they said they couldn't take it anymore, it was too slow now even worse than before and they needed to leave. 

They all got up and left. This is exactly what Manfred is talking about with the pace of play and action in the game. It was quite interesting to watch the conversation develop over the game. And my wife got mad because I was listening more to their conversation and not talking to her. All in all an interesting game,.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

What’s the takeaway from tonight’s game? 

Don't talk back to a nice Hispanic family who just wants to bully their way out of the parking lot, or the 3 of them, including their kid, may open your car door and go through your window to assault you, then chase down the car as you try to drive away, beating at the windows and yelling.

That was the biggest takeaway I saw.

• Haha 3

"Don't talk back to a nice Hispanic family who just wants to bully their way out of the parking lot, or the 3 of them, including their kid, may open your car door and go through your window to assault you, then chase down the car as you try to drive away, beating at the windows and yelling. "

Really?  I did not think bigoted, racist, or political posts were allowed by the terms of service here.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

"Don't talk back to a nice Hispanic family who just wants to bully their way out of the parking lot, or the 3 of them, including their kid, may open your car door and go through your window to assault you, then chase down the car as you try to drive away, beating at the windows and yelling. "

Really?  I did not think bigoted, racist, or political posts were allowed by the terms of service here.

What is racist about that? Unless it you think they committed a hate crime, which I don't have any real reason to assume. They were just very concerned with cutting people off in the parking lot. Their son did use racial slurs, but none that actually made sense to the race in which he yelled them at.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

"a nice Hispanic family who just wants to bully their way out of the parking lot, or the 3 of them, including their kid, may open your car door and go through your window to assault you, then chase down the car as you try to drive away, beating at the windows and yelling. "

"What is racist about that? Unless it you think they committed a hate crime, which I don't have any real reason to assume. They were just very concerned with cutting people off in the parking lot. Their son did use racial slurs, but none that actually made sense to the race in which he yelled them at. "

Your initial comment was in the third person as though this was a hypothetical, then you say something about racial slurs in the first person. 

I am Hispanic and found your comments to be blatantly bigoted and provocative.  That is why I responded,.  I know you won't apologize so please, just stop.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, tray said:

"a nice Hispanic family who just wants to bully their way out of the parking lot, or the 3 of them, including their kid, may open your car door and go through your window to assault you, then chase down the car as you try to drive away, beating at the windows and yelling. "

"What is racist about that? Unless it you think they committed a hate crime, which I don't have any real reason to assume. They were just very concerned with cutting people off in the parking lot. Their son did use racial slurs, but none that actually made sense to the race in which he yelled them at. "

Your initial comment was in the third person as though this was a hypothetical, then you say something about racial slurs in the first person. 

I am Hispanic and found your comments to be blatantly bigoted and provocative.  That is why I responded,.  I know you won't apologize so please, just stop.

Thanks.

Guess what, it wasn't hypothetical. 

You're right, I'm not going to apologize for them assaulting my buddy.

• Thanks 1