White Sox Vs Cleveland 8.12 game thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

A ball is a ball. I hate this logic. Him having a good eye is a strength, not a weakness. 

Yea it was outside on statcast. I just wish he would start yelling at the umps at this point. If you get thrown out, you get thrown out. But enough is enough.

Just now, fathom said:

Baseball savant has it as a strike.  

I was going off the post above that claimed he got screwed. Just went back and watched and if anything I'd say that was just a really good pitch. Even if he swung I don't think he was hitting that, but I do agree that he should have tried on that one. 

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Yea it was outside on statcast. I just wish he would start yelling at the umps at this point. If you get thrown out, you get thrown out. But enough is enough.

I agree with you about getting tossed.  At this point, he has nothing to lose.

54 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just make Covey the closer.  He's complete garbage as a starter.  He's starting to creep up on last year's ERA.

Remember when his new found velocity was his savior and he was on his way to being the staff ace? It's all about adjustments.

10 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

A ball is a ball. I hate this logic. Him having a good eye is a strength, not a weakness. 

A ball is not a ball with human umpires. They make mistakes. If it's close, hit the dang ball.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Remember when his new found velocity was his savior and he was on his way to being the staff ace? It's all about adjustments.

It's also because his secondary off speed pitches in terms of slider and curve are really bad.  His splitter has graded out ok, but for the most part, hitters know they can sit on the sinker and it's been up too much in the zone.

Just now, fathom said:

It's also because his secondary off speed pitches in terms of slider and curve are really bad.  His splitter has graded out ok, but for the most part, hitters know they can sit on the sinker and it's been up too much in the zone.

Exactly. Adjust to what's working.

Really don’t think Covey has a chance in hell to be a big league starter to be frank. Between command and secondary pitches he has too far to go imo. Put him in the pen and let him throw that 2 seamer as hard as he can and see if he has any success. If not oh well, most rule 5 picks don’t work out. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You also see the Indians just demolish him today because they've seen his sinker movement so much this year, they're not surprised by it the first time through the order.

He needs to learn to try something else then. More 4 sealers mixed in, cutters or something.

I thought the Yoan looking K was not a product of him reverting to his previous approach but just misreading the pitch. He usually shows some recognition on the close strike 3 calls that there's a chance he's being rung up but he looked utterly surprised by it in this particular AB.

• Kalapse changed the title to White Sox Vs Cleveland 8.12 game thread
  • Kyyle23 unpinned this topic