OT: Sale

wrathofhahn

46 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

It is going to hurt when Sale goes into the HOF as a member of the Red Sox

No. I wanted nothing to do with Sale. Maybe he's changed, but he was a big ass baby when he was with the Sox. No thanks, don't care who you are, but if you're gonna cry every time you dont get your way, you can leave. The Q trade was a million times more disappointed than the Sale was at the time it happened (because of who Q was).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

It is going to hurt when Sale goes into the HOF as a member of the Red Sox

I am hoping he doesn't sign with Boston after next year.  But he seems very content in Boston right now. Obviously the year they are having helps and Cora and staff has been very popular with the players so far.  

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

I am hoping he doesn't sign with Boston after next year.  But he seems very content in Boston right now. Obviously the year they are having helps and Cora and staff has been very popular with the players so far.  

If he signs with Boston hopefully it is a long and expensive contract. 

15 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Will be interesting to see if the DL stint delays the arrival of "September Sale."

With their lead, it will probably be the "October Sale" since they will milk him through August and September barring a collapse. 

7 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

He was just returning from a two-week DL stint and they have a 9.5 game divisional lead.  Simply being extra cautious with him.

They said before the game he could go 100 pitches so I was curious as to why he didn't 

Edited by ptatc

23 hours ago, Scoots said:

No. I wanted nothing to do with Sale. Maybe he's changed, but he was a big ass baby when he was with the Sox. No thanks, don't care who you are, but if you're gonna cry every time you dont get your way, you can leave. The Q trade was a million times more disappointed than the Sale was at the time it happened (because of who Q was).

Like when the team wants you to wear uniforms that prevent you from doing your job well?  I think I will gladly take the elite talent every time.  Sale is a H-O-F type player and the best pitcher the Sox have had in my 36 years.  The fact that they had to trade him because they couldn't build around him still irritates me.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Like when the team wants you to wear uniforms that prevent you from doing your job well?  I think I will gladly take the elite talent every time.  Sale is a H-O-F type player and the best pitcher the Sox have had in my 36 years.  The fact that they had to trade him because they couldn't build around him still irritates me.  

Dennis Eckersley said a few weeks ago that he felt Sale has the best stuff of any pitcher he has ever seen in person. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Or like whenever he would pout and throw a hissy fit when he would give up a few hits late in the game, get all mad, then all of a sudden he's throwing batting practice. Wasn't just in the clubhouse. Was on the field too. I don't care if he is a HOF type pitcher. What good is a pitcher to your staff anyway if he (esp your ace) can't win in high leverage situations?

3 hours ago, turnin' two said:

The actual best player anyone alive has ever seen plays on a team that has been perennially bad.

Moral of the story: One player isn't enough in baseball.  Sox still did the right thing for where they were.

Edited by AustinIllini
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Like when the team wants you to wear uniforms that prevent you from doing your job well? 

If that's the case, there are about a million more rational responses to the situation than cutting up each and every uniform with scissors. 

• Like 1

As others have said, I just hope he doesn't resign with the Red Sox, gets a new deal with an opt out, uses it, and basically never spends more than 3-4 years on any team and then the Sox have a chance at being on his HoF plaque! 

Of course if he wins a couple of Cy Youngs and World Series with the Red Sox....then shit.

He is fantastic but sox had to trade him because they were going to suck anyway the next years. They got a great return too with a then 70 fv prospect in moncada and a 55 in kopech. Basabe has turned into a 50 too so overall it was a great trade, hopefully moncada can turn into a 3+ win player at least.