Nick madrigal tracker

Dominikk85

5 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

So you don't want to take the bet, huh?

No one is writing Madrigal off yet. I just think the Sox played it safe with Madrigal and will be pissed if he turns into a Tony Graffanino type player and dudes like Gorman and Kelenic become the next Chipper Jones and Jim Edmonds. 

Rather than make a silly bet on something that doesn't matter, how about a bet on who has the better MLB career?

Edit: We can use fWAR as the objective measure of "who has the better career" unless you have a better way to measure it.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Jarred Kelenic after draft

.266 .355 .435

Blake Rutherford after draft

.351 .415 .570 .986

Both were old for their level high school picks. I'm glad for kelenic, local kid. The difference between rookie leagues and full season ball is large. I hope he does well.

Gorman was not a bat issue. What will we say if his size keeps him as a bad 3b likely to move to 1b. Would we be pumped about another one of those? 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jarred Kelenic after draft

.266 .355 .435

Blake Rutherford after draft

.351 .415 .570 .986

Both were old for their level high school picks. I'm glad for kelenic, local kid. The difference between rookie leagues and full season ball is large. I hope he does well.

Gorman was not a bat issue. What will we say if his size keeps him as a bad 3b likely to move to 1b. Would we be pumped about another one of those? 

yup, and for a guy that hates strikeouts (tom longo), that 32.4% strikeout rate in A-ball not looking so great for Gorman if his bat is the carrying tool...

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Rather than make a silly bet on something that doesn't matter, how about a bet on who has the better MLB career?

Edit: We can use fWAR as the objective measure of "who has the better career" unless you have a better way to measure it.

I'm not making a bet that won't pay outfor another 15-20 years lol.

Also, I'm not comparing Gorman and Madrigals power numbers. I get that they are different players. However, if you believe in Madrigal then you should take the bet. A 21 year old advanced college bat taken with a top 5 pick should be able to hit more dingers over his minor league career than one season of numbers from an 18 year old just out of high school. 

39 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

No one is writing Madrigal off yet. I just think the Sox played it safe with Madrigal and will be pissed if he turns into a Tony Graffanino type player and dudes like Gorman and Kelenic become the next Chipper Jones and Jim Edmonds. 

lol, you want to bet Madrigal's worst tool versus someone else's best tool, and are acting tough that someone else isn't biting?  Come on man.  You willing to bet me that Madrigal's  UZR won't be better than Gormans?

42 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Also, I'm not comparing Gorman and Madrigals power numbers. I get that they are different players. However, if you believe in Madrigal then you should take the bet. A 21 year old advanced college bat taken with a top 5 pick should be able to hit more dingers over his minor league career than one season of numbers from an 18 year old just out of high school. 

Serious question: if most of these players actually become good, will you even be able to enjoy it?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

yup, and for a guy that hates strikeouts (tom longo), that 32.4% strikeout rate in A-ball not looking so great for Gorman if his bat is the carrying tool...

Gormans ops is north of 1000 so far in his minor league career and the kid is only 18 and already in low a ball. That is looking pretty damn good. Kid is 3 years younger and only one level below lil Nicky.

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

lol, you want to bet Madrigal's worst tool versus someone else's best tool, and are acting tough that someone else isn't biting?  Come on man.  You willing to bet me that Madrigal's  UZR won't be better than Gormans?

I'm betting a half season of at bats for Gorman versus the entirety of Madrigals minor league career. The two are not equal.

Gorman will probably finish the year with 15 dingers. Little Nicky should be able to surpass that over his entire minor league career!

4 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

I'm betting a half season of at bats for Gorman versus the entirety of Madrigals minor league career. The two are not equal.

Gorman will probably finish the year with 15 dingers. Little Nicky should be able to surpass that over his entire minor league career!

Again, who cares? All I care about is who ends up being the best MLB player for the Chicago White Sox, not some silly minor league home run contest that has no bearing on wins/losses for the Sox. You continue to find reasons to complain just to complain. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Gormans ops is north of 1000 so far in his minor league career and the kid is only 18 and already in low a ball. That is looking pretty damn good. Kid is 3 years younger and only one level below lil Nicky.

But that 32.4% strikeout rate = BUST. And his near .400 BABIP is unsustainable, you know

Just now, footlongcomiskeydog said:

No joke they aren't equal. That is the entire point.  This is a crazy equivalency.  You willing to bet on their stolen bases?

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No joke they aren't equal. That is the entire point.  This is a crazy equivalency.  You willing to bet on their stolen bases?

Yes. You get the total of stolen bases by Nick Madrigal at the end of this season. I get the total for Gorman's entire minor league career. Deal? 

40 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Lol, way to miss the point again.  

I used to think WBWSF and Greg were the worst, and then the guy with the weird email as his username came along...and now this hot dog dude is a consistent contributor. What a time to be alive.

34 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I used to think WBWSF and Greg were the worst, and then the guy with the weird email as his username came along...and now this hot dog dude is a consistent contributor. What a time to be alive.

He's the same guy, just changed his name.

7 hours ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

So you’d be disappointed if we passed on two hall of famers??? No kidding 

15 hours ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

This is a ridiculously stupid bet and makes you look like an idiot.  Madrigal isn’t a power guy and will likely play only one full season in the minors, with many of those games at Regions Field.  The odds of Madrigal hitting 12 to 15 HRs (or wherever Gorman up ends at) in the next few weeks & over the course of next year is slim to none.  And guess what, it will mean absolutely nothing in terms of the quality of picks.  You really need to step your troll game Longo, because this is a really pathetic effort.

13 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I can’t remember a poster in all my years here who brought less to the table than Tommy Longo.  Like we have to go back to Marty34 to find someone who combined a negative outlook with illogical reasoning for everything they argued.  This Gorman/Madrigal bet has got to be one of the single dumbest attempts to rip a player I have ever seen.  But this is the internet and people love being dumb, loud, & proud.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 8/18/2018 at 6:37 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

I can’t remember a poster in all my years here who brought less to the table than Tommy Longo.  Like we have to go back to Marty34 to find someone who combined a negative outlook with illogical reasoning for everything they argued.  This Gorman/Madrigal bet has got to be one of the single dumbest attempts to rip a player I have ever seen.  But this is the internet and people love being dumb, loud, & proud.

It’s legitimately making the board hard to read because he pours it into almost every thread about Sox prospects.

Btw I could totally see madrigal putting on 15 pounds this offseason and hitting 12-15 next year.

But of course gorman has more power and  if his k rate is staying high (he could correct that though) he is going to need the power.

For madrigal the power is a bonus he probably would be a league average hitter with 10 homers a year.