Your first Album collection/First concert attended

Jack Parkman

8 hours ago, Brian said:

If there was one band you could go back in time and see LIVE in their prime, who would you choose?

I would go Guns N Roses or Nirvana. I was too young when GNR toured in their prime and those concerts looked insane from their videos and such.

The Police.  Specifically the show at Comiskey Park with Cheap Trick that my mom wouldn't take me to/let me go to.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secondly, my first concert not with my parents was Kenny G.  Don't ask.

First record I bought was the Beatles - White Album, but first records I was given (with my Hannukah gift which was a cheap turntable) was Elton John 21 at 33 and Hall & Oates H2O.

17 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

What festival? (Im guessing Bonnaroo?)

And Ive seen him 2x. The first was for Yeezus at United Center with Kendrick Lamar as the opener. Kanye was fantastic (he did rant but that is part of his show) and I always regret I didnt get better seats. The second time was his last tour (also United Center). I got much better seats, but he wasnt into the performance at all. It was right after Kim was robbed. He showed up an hour late, didnt rant and seemed out of it. So that show is pretty unmemorable.

So I can completely understand mixed reviews for his performances. 

Yep, it was Bonnaroo.  Interesting to hear that his normal tour shows can be hit or miss.  I sort of understand the festival mishap.  Some artists try a little less when in the festival setting.  But I wouldn't expect that as much when you're paying full price for his show specifically.

Speaking of Kendrick, I've heard the same with him.  I saw him play and he was fantastic.  But I've heard people who weren't impressed with his show.  Generally, I think rap is tougher to perform in a live setting.

2 hours ago, dasox24 said:

Yep, it was Bonnaroo.  Interesting to hear that his normal tour shows can be hit or miss.  I sort of understand the festival mishap.  Some artists try a little less when in the festival setting.  But I wouldn't expect that as much when you're paying full price for his show specifically.

Speaking of Kendrick, I've heard the same with him.  I saw him play and he was fantastic.  But I've heard people who weren't impressed with his show.  Generally, I think rap is tougher to perform in a live setting.

Ive seen Kendrick 3 times. The first was amazing (it was at the Aragon for Lollapalooza after show) and one of the best Ive ever been to. When he opened for Kanye it seemed like Kanye screwed him and kept the volume low so it wasnt a great show. The last time I saw him at Coachella, it was the day after he released his album. It was a good show, but no where near the first show and it was a festival setting instead of a smaller venue.