8/16 Games

soxfan49

• bmags pinned this topic

J-Rod also stole 2 more bags. He stole 2 last night as well. He now has 16 SB to 2 CS.

Christofer Melendez's numbers are up big time since the Sox picked him up when the Astros released him. This is his 4th season in the DSL, but his K/9 has spiked from 8.23 in his 3 seasons combined, to 11.76 this season. That's like a 40% increase. And his BB/9 has dropped from 5.65 to 3.30. 

The Sox have also stretched him out to a starter, when he was entirely a reliever with the Astros. He's 20 years old, so I hope he comes stateside next year.

7 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Weird, I could've sworn when I looked at today's pitching matchups yesterday Cease was supposed to pitch today, but now he is slated for tomorrow. Either I saw it wrong or they pushed him back a day for some reason.

Yes was scheduled today 

13 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Leadoff hitter in the 2nd bunted on Kopech, and Kopech got pissed off, faked like he was going to launch the ball in to the stands. 

It's not like he broke up the no-hitter with a bunt single in the 7th inning. It was only the 2nd, so I'm not sure why Kopech was so mad.

He's  know as a guy who can lose his temper. The incident with the teammate included. One of the "boxes to check" for him at the beginning of the season was to keep his composure on the mound. I would exploit it too if I was the other team.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Jesus, Kopech.

O'Grady, the guy who bunted on Kopech in the 2nd inning and pissed him off, gets DRILLED with a 99 MPH fastball to his ass in his next AB. The benches clear, Kopech is restrained by Rondon.

Ugh.

At least he didn't break his hand this time 

• bmags unpinned this topic