8/16 Games

soxfan49

32 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Kopech's sister is tweeting about the game. I replied saying I really really hope they don't retaliate by hitting Eloy in the next AB, and she replied with....

"Are you a fan of this team or.... because seems like you’re just going off what the coach tried to say from the other team? 🤔 watch the game & then tweet me."

.....alllllllllllrighty then.

Lol what the hell does that even mean

32 minutes ago, flavum said:

When he hits a 15% k-rate. Ha- like that will happen. 

In today's fangraphs chat, Longenhagen talked about how Madrigal's swing is a bit different now than it was to start the college year.  Not enough top hand, too much chopping.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

In today's fangraphs chat, Longenhagen talked about how Madrigal's swing is a bit different now than it was to start the college year.  Not enough top hand, too much chopping.

He's had a loooongg season. I think he deserves a little leeway to finish off these last few weeks of August. The real Madrigal critiquing can start next season.

Just now, Scoots said:

He's had a loooongg season. I think he deserves a little leeway to finish off these last few weeks of August. The real Madrigal critiquing can start next season.

I totally agree he's probably completely gassed.  I've said a few times I expect the Sox to try and clean up his swing a bit this offseason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Lol what the hell does that even mean

I was going to ask the same thing. Sounds like his thought was legitimate and her response insinuated that she believes he was being a smartass then went on to blame the Bats’ manager. No idea.

Edited by soxfan49

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

He is giving up base runners because he lost his composure.  If he can't control himself,  he isn't going to be as good as he could be.

That's why I said "not the part about losing it to the point of giving up hits after the bunt." I kind of like the overall competitive attitude. It does need to be controlled though. He's a young maturing kid. He'll figure it out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean, it totally will.  Like at the Acuna situation.  Baseball is stupid and Kopech is a symptom.

The Acuna situation is totally different. It was in the first inning of the game and had nothing to do with anything in the game.

Kopech took exception to something this player did. It was a dumb reason but there was a reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

The Acuna situation is totally different. It was in the first inning of the game and had nothing to do with anything in the game.

Kopech took exception to something this player did. It was a dumb reason but there was a reason.

Acuna kept hitting leadoff homers, so Urena tried to hit him in the middle of the back to start the game and break that streak. That was his dumb reason.

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Acuna kept hitting leadoff homers, so Urena tried to hit him in the middle of the back to start the game and break that streak. That was his dumb reason.

Again. Had nothing to do with something that he did to that pitcher. Most of the reasons to hit someone are dumb but for something not specifically done for someone to take exception to is at the bottom.

Just now, T R U said:

Jesus some of you guys are fucking lame.. who cares that he hit someone on purpose, that's how baseball has been since forrrreeevvveerrrrrrrrrr

That’s fine, but be consistent. If a Sox batter gets hit in the same situation, don’t complain.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

That’s fine, but be consistent. If a Sox batter gets hit in the same situation, don’t complain.

You can always complain about it. That's the fun of sports. It doesn't matter.

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean, it totally will.  Like at the Acuna situation.  Baseball is stupid and Kopech is a symptom.

Now I'm just picturing Brian McCann standing angrily in front of home plate any time a hits a home run.

Just now, Quinarvy said:

Now I'm just picturing Brian McCann standing angrily in front of home plate any time a hits a home run.

I always picture Carlton Fisk yelling at Deon Sanders to run out a pop up, respect the game and play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Maybe so...... but you can be sure that if Madrigal doesn’t work out Fangraphs will put it on the organization, not their misreading of the prospect. They were way out there on Madrigal. 

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Kopech's sister is tweeting about the game. I replied saying I really really hope they don't retaliate by hitting Eloy in the next AB, and she replied with....

"Are you a fan of this team or.... because seems like you’re just going off what the coach tried to say from the other team? 🤔 watch the game & then tweet me."

.....alllllllllllrighty then.

Are you following an 18 year old girl on Twitter?

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Until he gets a 10 game suspension for it, or one of our guys breaks a bone getting hit in retaliation.

Well, agree, but get ready.  Kopech is Sale 2.0 in mind and body.  We can only hope Kopech never suffers a broken foot in spring training while..."helping a friend move" or something.

• bmags unpinned this topic