Kenny on Rick and Staff...

Lip Man 1

17 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This from the White Sox web site:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/ken-williams-supports-rick-renteria-coaches/c-290752190

Both Kenny and Rick have unequivocally said he's doing a good job. I don't expect he'll be going anywhere, for better or worse, as long as this front office remains in place. 

I want some of what they're smoking. It must be some good shit. Puff puff pass guys. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Especially since Avi has probably hustled the most of anyone in the organization on routine grounders since he's been here.  

Yeah I was about to say that. He's the one guy who has given it 100% since the moment he was traded here, and in a year where his knees are failing him, god forbid he doesn't sprint all the way to home plate on a routine fly out on which he actually was running pretty hard to begin with. I swear half of the time they get pulled for "not hustling", they were actually hustling. 

Edited by Jose Abreu

4 hours ago, fathom said:

More bullshit from Ricky. Avi has had a bad hammy for months, has a sore knee and gets benched for not busting his ass on a routine fly out.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/scotgregor/status/1030659818074394624

The true question is if his sore knee and bad hammy are bothering him enough that he cant6run out plays, should he even be playing ? 

I know you don't think players should try on what look like easy outs but if injuries are their excuse they shouldn't be playing.

4 hours ago, Wanne said:

I wish to God Toronto would have hired Kenny Williams. Can't even begin to tell you how sick of him I am just clinging on like a booger on your fingertip kinda way.  WTF role does he even serve anymore?

Evil incarnate.

• Haha 1

KW and Hahn keep praising Renterias efforts. Listen, I get that the major league roster is trash and Renteria should not get the blame for all these losses. All practical White Sox fans know that these losses will lead to more high draft picks. This will be better for the longer term success rate for the organization.

However, how do we trust KW and Hahn to make the difficult decision to pull the trigger on a managerial change when the time is right? Hahn and KW were the same guys who kept supporting Ventura after failing annually for 5 straight seasons. During these 5 seasons the white sox were supposedly going for it. Well except for maybe 2014, when Hahn labeled the season a reboot year after a 2013 diasterous campagn. If Hahn and KW did not want Ventura to leave after a failing and forgettable 5 years of managing (Remember, Ventura walked away on his own). I just can’t see KW and Hahn upgrading the managerial spot when the time is right and these prospects are coming up, free agents are getting signed and necessary trades are being made. Do you guys see them making this decision? 

Edited by GreatScott82

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

How do people read this stuff and expect anything different? Did people really expect Kenny to be like "Yeah that dude sucks..."?

How about "Yeah we picked him and what an awful decision that was"

Not surprising in the least bit. If the front has soured on Renteria in any way they won't come out and publicly say so in the media. Nor should they. I think Renteria's leash will get shorter and shorter as this team gets better over the next few years and if Renteria doesn't progress with the rest of the team he'll be gone.

As for benching Avi, yeah that's bullshit. I have a few gripes with Avi but hustle has never been one of them. He's hustled since day one of putting on a Sox uniform. Given his history of hustling, his hamstring problems and his knee he should have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

31 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Is it the fact that he expected Engel to be able to bunt or the strategy of the bunt you have an issue with?

Everything was wrong with that inning. Why play for one run when your bullpen is in shambles?  Why bunt to make either Yoan or Yolmer get a hit vs LHP when both are horrible at it?  So not only is bunting dumb there, but having him do it with 2 strikes is just more high school softball crap.  He's had a truly awful year as manager.

Where did Renteria get the idea that Engel was a “good” bunter?

Curious as to how much of this happens out there. There is a coach at a school in Louisville that never calls the bunt off or even tries to disguise it. We read it every time but he never stopped. What since does that make? By the way they fouled for strike 3 every time.

I'm not a big fan of bunting period (I think it's way overused, and is rarely the best option as outs are precious), but if the situation calls for or if you believe a bunt is the right play, I see no harm in bunting with 2 strikes, especially if you have someone that is a good bunter, but isn't a sure hitter.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-baseball-high/bunt-with-two-253178.html