Sox vs Royals 8/18 6:10 PM CT NBCSCHI

Jose Abreu

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Sox vs Royals 8/18 6:10 PM CT NBCSCHI
26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Please be wearing glasses again Yoan.  I really want to believe eyesight has been an issue.

I had kept wondering if that was the case when somone brought it up months ago  but thought no way in hell if his eyesight was bad do the Sox not tell him to wear glasses or contacts  or goggles or w/e works. Common sense would tell you that at the highest level of sports your eyesight is likely your best friend. Despite being a hitting genius Ted Williams had better than 20/20 vision. Thats what really made him able to do what he did.

Was he wearing glasses yesterday ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
fix spelling error

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I had kept wondering if that was the case when somone brought it up months ago  but thought no way in hell if his eyesight was bad do the Sox not tell him to wear glasses or contacts  or googles or w/e works. Common sense would tell you that at the highest level of sports your eyesight is likely your best friend. Despite being a hitting genius Ted Williams had better than 20/20 vision. Thats what really made him able to do what he did.

Many ties there is a difference between contacts and glasses. He may have been contacts and someone convinced him to try the glasses.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Many ties there is a difference between contacts and glasses. He may have been contacts and someone convinced him to try the glasses.

That's why I said w/e works.Hell laser eye surgery is out of the scary stage now .. Just wondering if he ever wore anything to correct his vision before or if there is even a vision problem.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I had kept wondering if that was the case when somone brought it up months ago  but thought no way in hell if his eyesight was bad do the Sox not tell him to wear glasses or contacts  or goggles or w/e works. Common sense would tell you that at the highest level of sports your eyesight is likely your best friend. Despite being a hitting genius Ted Williams had better than 20/20 vision. Thats what really made him able to do what he did.

Moncada was wearing glasses yesterday but I haven’t found anything online to suggest whether it was related to a temporary eye issue or just general poor eyesight.  I do know he considered wearing glasses full time earlier this year but decided not to after a recommendation by Tim.

Also, agree 100% with the rest of your post.  I can’t even imagine trying to hit Major League stuff without 20/20 vision.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Moncada was wearing glasses yesterday but I haven’t found anything online to suggest whether it was related to a temporary eye issue or just general poor eyesight.  I do know he considered wearing glasses full time earlier this year but decided not to after a recommendation by Tim.

Also, agree 100% with the rest of your post.  I can’t even imagine trying to hit Major League stuff without 20/20 vision.

I can't even find your reference abut Tim telling him not to wear glasses. Do you have a link to where I can find anything about that ? I tried goggling and get nothing.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I can't even find your reference abut Tim telling him not to wear glasses. Do you have a link to where I can find anything about that ? I tried goggling and get nothing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jrfegan/status/976926285116055553

Yoan Moncada was trying on some eyeglasses today. Tim Anderson, who has ditched his glasses from last season, discouraged him from using them in games. Both are adamant they can see just fine without glasses. #Glasses

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

God it would be nice to see TA and Yoan finish the year strong.  Same with Lopez and Gio.

Yeah just like last season. September was a very good month for the team, which led many to believe (myself included) they might surprise and vie for a wildcard spot. Sox are actually above .500 in August...8-7.