8/19 Sox vs Royals, 1:10

flavum

Just now, reiks12 said:

3 things are guaranteed in life, taxes, death, and Moncada striking out to start the game

I will never understand why they moved him back to the leadoff spot after he said he felt more comfortable lower down because he got to see what the pitcher had.  Ricky must have been busy talking to Avi about his hustle when Yoan made those comments.

Konerko just offered some very astute and wise observations about Moncada. I hope most of you heard him.

His assertion is that it's very hard to come into the League, as a young hitter, and expect to walk 100 times, and to get the close calls. He advocates a little more aggressiveness, in order to establish that you can be dangerous. The walks will come, with that respect.

Edited by Lillian

I’m just glad Giolito and Lopez have made their starts. They’re getting experience in their first full seasons. Lopez has obviously been better overall, but both will be better next year just by making 31-32 starts this year. At least, that’s my hope. 

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I’m just glad Giolito and Lopez have made their starts. They’re getting experience in their first full seasons. Lopez has obviously been better overall, but both will be better next year just by making 31-32 starts this year. At least, that’s my hope. 

Lopez had the 2nd worst xFIP in baseball during the first half of the year (trailing only Giolito for qualified pitchers) and is easily the worst in the 2nd half.  It's getting to the point where if he struggles the first half of next year, you have to reconsider your options with him.