8/19 Sox vs Royals, 1:10

flavum

It seems a little unfair to criticize Benetti, in this context. He is not an ex player. He has has his own strengths, as well. He has a good voice, is a pretty well rounded and intelligent young man. It's the difference between being a "play by play" announcer, versus a "color" broadcaster.

Edited by Lillian
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

It seems a little unfair to criticize Benetti, in this context. He is not an ex player. He has has his own strengths, as well. He has a good voice, is a pretty well rounded and intelligent young man. 

I can’t stand listening to the guy. Like, I literally haven’t watched a straight hour of Sox baseball in months just because of him. I’m going to have to learn how to watch full games with the mute button in a couple years. 

Edited by flavum

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

It seems a little unfair to criticize Benetti, in this context. He is not an ex player. He has has his own strengths, as well. He has a good voice, is a pretty well rounded and intelligent young man. It's the difference between being a "play by play" announcer, versus a "color" broadcaster.

He also isn't a comic, but unfortunately he tries to be one far too often.  He's significantly better when he does games on ESPN.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He also isn't a comic, but unfortunately he tries to be one far too often.  He's significantly better when he does games on ESPN.

Yep. One of my favorite CBB announcers. Terrible for the Sox.

Still better than Farmer, who just openly hates his job so I dont know why hes still around.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Don't know if you've heard this, but he has a big house in Arizona

I read once that Konerko asked Hawk to stop talking about his house

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I sometimes wonder if baseball is too boring for him. There’s too much down time so he tries too hard at comedy.

17 minutes ago, flavum said:

I can’t stand listening to the guy. Like, I literally haven’t watched a straight hour of Sox baseball in months just because of him. I’m going to have to learn how to watch full games with the mute button in a couple years. 

Listen to the opposing team's broadcast. I really enjoy doing it because they often give a different perspective on Sox players.