8/19 games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, danman31 said:

I could see Call moving up and Remillard repeating Winston-Salem. They could even have Adolfo repeat Winston-Salem to have him play bit more (plus he would be coming back from injury). Booker can be the fourth guy behind Robert, Rutherford and Basabe.

Whoops, I said Remillard but meant Fisher. Agree Remillard repeats WS. Still think Luis Gonzalez could start next season at Birmingham with Booker getting pushed to Charlotte.

6 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Whoops, I said Remillard but meant Fisher. Agree Remillard repeats WS. Still think Luis Gonzalez could start next season at Birmingham with Booker getting pushed to Charlotte.

Gonzalez is definitely starting 2019 in AA.  I think Rutherford will also get the call alongside one of Robert or Adolfo.  Really depends how Robert looks in the fall league.  Then whenever Basabe gets bumped up to AAA, the other guy held back in A+ will get promoted to AA.

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's not when the poster in question thinks he's a DH. I think Eloy will spend more time playing 1B/DH for the White Sox than LF or RF. Too many other better defensive options, both internally and externally. 

Except he currently plays OF, so he's the best OF in the Sox system by rule.

13 hours ago, fathom said:

Best outfield prospect in Sox history?

Carlos May (the version before he blew off his thumb)

Dave Nicholson (although he came from Baltimore I believe he was still just a prospect in our org)

Neither likely the best, but a couple good ones.

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

Wasn't Harold Baines a pretty good prospect?

Mentioned him earlier, but yes.  Honestly I think there are maybe two other people in the discussion from my lifetime.

Eloy Jimenez is the #3 rated prospect in all of baseball and the top rated OF prospect as of today.

Harold Baines was the #1 draft pick overall in 1977 (the only time in team history picking at #1) and destroyed all levels of the minors in 2.5 years before hitting the majors, and never really quitting until he was about 40.

Joe Borchard owned the biggest signing bonus in White Sox history for 15 years until Carlos Rodon came along, and then ranked as high as #16 prospect (just for the record, #1 that year was Corey Patterson, #2 was Hee Sop Choi) in all of baseball and hit at all levels of the minors before the hole in his bat showed up at the major league level.

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gonzalez is definitely starting 2019 in AA.  I think Rutherford will also get the call alongside one of Robert or Adolfo.  Really depends how Robert looks in the fall league.  Then whenever Basabe gets bumped up to AAA, the other guy held back in A+ will get promoted to AA.

Basabe! :wub: my early pick to break out next season. He improved quite a bit this year compared to last and did so while moving up to Birmingham. 

I think it's possible we see Robert, Basabe, Gonzalez and Rutherford at Birmingham with the DH used as a revolving door for the four outfielders. Aside from Basabe the current Birmingham outfielders will be pushed to Charlotte.

2 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Basabe! :wub: my early pick to break out next season. He improved quite a bit this year compared to last and did so while moving up to Birmingham. 

I think it's possible we see Robert, Basabe, Gonzalez and Rutherford at Birmingham with the DH used as a revolving door for the four outfielders. Aside from Basabe the current Birmingham outfielders will be pushed to Charlotte.

I would expect Adolfo to be in Birmingham for much of the season as well.  

2 hours ago, turnin' two said:

I would expect Adolfo to be in Birmingham for much of the season as well.  

I would start Adolfo at WS and once a Birmingham outfielder is ready to go to Charlotte move Adolfo up to Birmingham. His TJ surgery is a good reason for him to start the season in WS and get acclimated to playing baseball again.

5 hours ago, Palehosefan said:

Jeremy Reed

He never quite that much praise on the national level, but man, the dude hit .409 in AA with a 1.065 OPS and a damn fine strikeout rate. I never truly understood why he wasn't better in the majors. He truly was a AAAA player. Couldn't even make it as a serviceable fourth outfielder.

17 hours ago, danman31 said:

He never quite that much praise on the national level, but man, the dude hit .409 in AA with a 1.065 OPS and a damn fine strikeout rate. I never truly understood why he wasn't better in the majors. He truly was a AAAA player. Couldn't even make it as a serviceable fourth outfielder.

He had some believers in the BA top 100 lists, and a few other places.

https://www.fangraphs.com/tht/top50prospects_2004_parttwo/