Kopech called up

Buehrle>Wood

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I tell ya what has anybody just said yet that their reaction is pure unbridled enthusiasm for the Sox and a game for the first time since _____?

Cause that's where I'm at headed into tmr.

I am excited to see him and to see him achieve.  For my two cents is that we can all ruminate over the business of baseball, but if you let it fuck up your enjoyment of the game of baseball, you are doing it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I tell ya what has anybody just said yet that their reaction is pure unbridled enthusiasm for the Sox and a game for the first time since _____?

Me too.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am excited to see him and to see him achieve.  For my two cents is that we can all ruminate over the business of baseball, but if you let it fuck up your enjoyment of the game of baseball, you are doing it wrong.

Amen, after all it's only a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That to me is probably 90% of the anti-stathead "MIT and Harvard are types are ruining baseball" sentiment.  It's always been a false dichotomy.  You can enjoy tmr's start whether you agree with the service time decision or not.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan

32 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Since Yoan's debut from last year for me

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

That Merkin tweet made me check the weather.  Doesn't look great, does it?

Knowing the sox they'll wait till 8pm to call the game.  Gotta make sure to take advantage of 30k people buying a few beers then refill on Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Other than every Opening Day ever, Moncada's debut is the only game in the last 6 or so years I can say that about. Maybe even TA's debut in 2016. 

4 hours ago, justBLAZE said:

Taking this slightly off topic, how's the demand for tickets for tomorrows game?

I usually buy online but thinking of buying at box office right before game time since still waiting on confirmation from couple friends.  

Will lower bowl seats be available?

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Heard on radio couple thousand sold already since announcement and expectation is mid 20s

Don't know if he was just guessing, but White Sox Dave seemed to think there would be a mid 30s attendance tomorrow.

Based on the secondhand market and the official site availability, I'd guess about 28-30 if the weather is good enough. 

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Don't know if he was just guessing, but White Sox Dave seemed to think there would be a mid 30s attendance tomorrow.

Based on the secondhand market and the official site availability, I'd guess about 28-30 if the weather is good enough. 

I'd be shocked by mid 30's. 30,000 would be a nice crowd. 

41 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Same. Not sure where Dave got that from but he implied that it was info he was given from someone in the ticket office

35,000 would mean the stadium would have to be at 86% of max capacity (listed as 40,615). Maybe on a beautiful Friday or Saturday night with Kopech debuting, but I highly doubt on a potentially rainy Tuesday