Kopech called up

Buehrle>Wood

It would be nice if we had a prospect come out guns blazing for once.  If Kopech can pitch like he has in his last seven games down in AAA (adjusted for the majors obviously) it really changes the complexion of the rotation heading into next year.  Suddenly we’re a #3 starter away from a pretty solid rotation with the chance of something special if everything clicks.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It would be nice if we had a prospect come out guns blazing for once.  If Kopech can pitch like he has in his last seven games down in AAA (adjusted for the majors obviously) it really changes the complexion of the rotation heading into next year.  Suddenly we’re a #3 starter away from a pretty solid rotation with the chance of something special if everything clicks.

Would also be a nice boost to the morale of the fan base, especially casual ones that want to get interested again but have been disappointed by what they've seen at the big league level so far.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If you don't buy knockoffs, why not call Grandstand on 35th and have them make you a 74 Eloy & pay for shipping to MN then?

Because I'd be interested in buying a knockoff??  I've paid for several authentic and whatever the step below authentic jerseys that most stores sell over the years.  I have at least 10 in my closet.  Not one dude is still on the team (Thomas, Konerko, Ozuna, Buehrle, Peavy, Danks, Griffey, Beckham, Sale and Eaton).  I think I am going to opt for the cheaper route this time.  

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because I'd be interested in buying a knockoff??  I've paid for several authentic and whatever the step below authentic jerseys that most stores sell over the years.  I have at least 10 in my closet.  Not one dude is still on the team (Thomas, Konerko, Ozuna, Buehrle, Peavy, Danks, Griffey, Beckham, Sale and Eaton).  I think I am going to opt for the cheaper route this time.  

Go to Grandstand and have one of your old one's name and number changed.  Do you really need a Pablo Ozuna? Personally, the only jerseys I have are authentics sold by the White Sox, and I get the cheapest ones. $20 for a 2011 Jeff Cox model, and I paid $25 for a Ronald Bellisario. Who else would wear these?  I am unique. 

Edited by Dick Allen

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Go to Grandstand and have one of your old one's name and number changed.  Do you really need a Pablo Ozuna? Personally, the only jerseys I have are authentics sold by the White Sox, and I get the cheapest ones. $20 for a 2011 Jeff Cox model, and I paid $25 for a Ronald Bellisario. Who else would wear these?  I am unique. 

Hah, probably not.  But that is an authentic and it has the WS patch, so Pablo is safe.  He was one of my favorites as a teenager. The jersey is also from when I was 15, so doesn't exactly fit any longer.  

I don't live in Chicago, so dropping my Grandstand isn't really in the cards to doctor up a replica - otherwise I'd be happy to put the Peavy, Danks or Eaton on the chopping block.  

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Any idea what this may cost?  I have a jersey who's name I'd like to change.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That would be really FUCKING NICE.  If we have two studs at the top next year with Rodon and Kopech suddenly the path to 80ish wins is a lot clearer and the path to contention is as well.

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

No doubt. 😊

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That would be really FUCKING NICE.  If we have two studs at the top next year with Rodon and Kopech suddenly the path to 80ish wins is a lot clearer and the path to contention is as well.

The team is going to get better as every high end piece is added.  The starting pitching keeps getting better and better.  Kopech slotting in will be a huge shot in the arm, even if he takes a while to adjust.

What might actually make the biggest impact in the short term is when the back end relievers start showing up on the roster.  The starting pitching and hitting has gotten to a point where it is at least respectable, but the pen is still trash.  When you start to add Hamilton, a healthy Burdi, Bummer, Fraere, etc into the pen next year, and some of the guys like Minaya who have been high leverage guys this year shove down to middle relief, the team gets a lot better.  And that is just the leading wave.  If they don't work out, there are guys like Ryan Burr, Tyler Johnson, and Jose Ruiz are the next phase.  That isn't even counting guys like Covey would could be failed starters who hit it big in the pen down the road.

54 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The team is going to get better as every high end piece is added.  The starting pitching keeps getting better and better.  Kopech slotting in will be a huge shot in the arm, even if he takes a while to adjust.

What might actually make the biggest impact in the short term is when the back end relievers start showing up on the roster.  The starting pitching and hitting has gotten to a point where it is at least respectable, but the pen is still trash.  When you start to add Hamilton, a healthy Burdi, Bummer, Fraere, etc into the pen next year, and some of the guys like Minaya who have been high leverage guys this year shove down to middle relief, the team gets a lot better.  And that is just the leading wave.  If they don't work out, there are guys like Ryan Burr, Tyler Johnson, and Jose Ruiz are the next phase.  That isn't even counting guys like Covey would could be failed starters who hit it big in the pen down the road.

Covey seems like he would be an excellent swingman. A guy who can eat 2-3 innings on a night the starter doesn't give you enough, but can also pitch the 7th or 8th if you need him to. He seemingly always dominates the first time through the lineup.