8/21 - Sox vs Twins, 7:10, WGN (Kopech Debut)

flavum

"We will likely try and milk every bit of revenue out of this excitement by irrationally keeping the game scheduled well past when it's clear it cannot go and getting as many concessions as we can before postponing the game for october"

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

You're trying to tailgate? I'm going straight from work and will get there around 5:05/5:10 and my friends won't get there until around 6. I plan on grabbing a drink in the Bar & Grill until they get there.

I usually avoid weeknight games due to having to go straight from work and shit train schedules at night (they run every hour or hour and a half and make every Beverly stop which means it's an hour ride for me) but I only go if a friend meets me from the suburbs with his car. Plus his company gave him free tickets for this game so I can't complain.

If you're talking about the Rock Island line, they have a train that leaves 30 minutes after the end of every game from the 35th street stop and I believe it is an express train. 

5 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

If you're talking about the Rock Island line, they have a train that leaves 30 minutes after the end of every game from the 35th street stop and I believe it is an express train. 

This is every game? And yes I am haha

Edit: that may be true for only weekend games and opening day but not for weeknight games.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/ballpark/transportation/public-transportation

"Metra's 35th Street "Lou" Jones Station along the Rock Island line provides an easy walk to White Sox home games at Guaranteed Rate Field. Weekday post-game outbound trains depart 35th Street Station at 9:52 p.m. and 11:22 p.m."

I remember I went to a Friday night game after work last season with friends who live in the city. I went straight to the suburbs after. The game ended at around 10:15, I had to wait for that 11:22 train and finally got back to TP around 12:30am.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

This is every game? And yes I am haha

Yeah, it is for every game. I haven't taken the train in a few years because my sister lives near the stadium now, but I would be surprised if they stopped this service. 

You could probably ask at the station to make sure since they don't put that one on the schedule. 

1 minute ago, joejoedairy said:

Yeah, it is for every game. I haven't taken the train in a few years because my sister lives near the stadium now, but I would be surprised if they stopped this service. 

You could probably ask at the station to make sure since they don't put that one on the schedule. 

I've since updated my post but it doesn't look like they do this anymore.

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

6 pm- 50%

7 pm- 40%

8 pm- 50%

9 pm- 50%

10 pm- 40%

Also, my TWC app says 12-20 mph winds.

For what it's worth, 4 hours ago, it was 

6 pm- 30%

7 pm- 30%

8 pm- 40%

9 pm- 10%

10 pm- 10%

But now I'm seeing the same numbers that you are. Not a good sign 

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

For what it's worth, 4 hours ago, it was 

6 pm- 30%

7 pm- 30%

8 pm- 40%

9 pm- 10%

10 pm- 10%

But now I'm seeing the same numbers that you are. Not a good sign 

God damn it.  What does flavum have to say about this?  He's the only amateur meteorologist on this site that I actually trust.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Most electric pitching debut I've ever seen with Strasburg's.  Here's hoping for something special.

This is a good post. I don't believe a lot of people (Sox fans and definitely rest of the league) realize how fucking good this guy is going to be.