Eloy Jimenez: I'm Ready (Players' Tribune)

Jose Abreu

In the increasingly unlikely event that he's called up before mid-April of next year, I really don't think I'll care about the extra year. While I would disagree with the decision deep down, I also know I would just be way too excited to see him play to care.

I'm not worried his his or Kopech's extra year of service time as I think we need to identify them as two of five core pieces we must break the bank for. We need to play that  loyalty angle AND show them the money. This org also needs to be prepared to pay a huge payroll when this time comes if need be. The 5 guys I would break the bank for are Rodon, Kopech, Eloy, Robert, and Moncada. I think Madgrical will be a great hitter but not enough power to warrant a huge payday.

24 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

In the increasingly unlikely event that he's called up before mid-April of next year, I really don't think I'll care about the extra year. While I would disagree with the decision deep down, I also know I would just be way too excited to see him play to care.

I wouldn't have cared too much had they done it a month ago. Doing it now? Would be an indicator of a management team again flying by the seat of its pants and not executing based on a plan.

But also I just want to say that I love Eloy and am so pumped.

You know that feeling we had when thomas or magglio was up in a big situation and you knew the pitcher was more scared than we were of the pitcher? I miss that.

• Like 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

This is one of my favorite sports photos ever, for so many reasons.

That's awesome. I was in front of the bullpen for Rodon's first appearance. He was all over the place and then proceeded to have a terrible inning. Very anti-climactic compared to Kopechs :)

• Like 1