Kopech the latest MLB player with questionable Twitter history

LittleHurt05

Just now, fathom said:

I remember you saying there were a few out there after the Hader incident 

Yeah he was the main guy. Fry was the other, who has also since been exposed on a smaller scale. There aren't any more major ones to my knowledge 

1 minute ago, BamaDoc said:

I am certainly glad I am not judged by everything I said offhand/spur of the moment in high school.  I wasted part of my life reading that drivel of responses and no one seems to notice a professed gay person, who went to school with him, and said he talked to them daily and was always nice.  People need to get lives.

Some of the biggest jerks you would ever want to meet have been very nice to me. His tweets Trump that. It could be he was just young and dumb. It could be it's the real him. Either way, something no one really needs. Hopefully lessons will be learned by more than just Kopech.

Oh my god, he called someone gay when he was a teenager.. pretty sure everyone between the ages of 20-40 right now did the same thing.

There's a difference between someone being immature and someone being anti-gay

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The people who actually spend their time doing this. Just to fuck with people's lives - based off of some shit they said in high school. Should seriously be hung in the town square and laughed at. 

Who the hell's public life could withstand having their teenaged years gone through with a fine-toothed comb... I know I'd be done. 95-99% of others would be too, I would suspect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

The people who actually spend their time doing this. Just to fuck with people's lives - based off of some shit they said in high school. Should seriously be hung in the town square and laughed at. 

Who the hell's public life could withstand having their teenaged years gone through with a fine-toothed comb... I know I'd be done. 95-99% of others would be too, I would suspect. 

Like, who ever intentionally digs this up needs to get a life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

In this case, it's literally fans of Riverdale that are upset about who an actress on their favorite show is dating 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

And it's a little ironic everyone calling him a racist considering his girlfriend and how close he is to his nephews.

I don't think most people understand growing up in a small town/rural area. You don't get to see let alone meet or interact with minorities of any kind. It's totally based on ignorance. You say these things and you have no frame of reference what they really mean or how it can really demean or hurt people. Hopefully, when you leave at least for awhile, you mature and understand what these things mean and it really is wrong. Of course not everyone realizes this because there is obviously still true racism rampant. However, the good people where is was based on ignorance learn and become better people for it.

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

In this case, it's literally fans of Riverdale that are upset about who an actress on their favorite show is dating 

Most of them are 11-14 years old. There’s this really weird segment of 11-14 year old girls on Twitter that obsess over certain actresses and singers. This was their doing 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Most of them are 11-14 years old. There’s this really weird segment of 11-14 year old girls on Twitter that obsess over certain actresses and singers. This was their doing 

And his girlfriend is under even more scrutiny on twitter it seems due to her character on the show

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is really too bad kids have no idea at age 17 what effect their words have and can haunt them in the future.

Honestly, I don't find it surprising at all. The prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until around age 25. That's the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences by controlling impulses and emotion. Teens will be teens.

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Honestly, I don't find it surprising at all. The prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until around age 25. That's the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences by controlling impulses and emotion. Teens will be teens.

Oh it isn't surprising at all.  It is just too bad.  I deal with lots of high school kids through athletics and 99% of them are great kids, even if they have no concept of the ignorance that comes out of their mouths, or the gravity that their words can carry.