The "Gamethread?" Gamethread, Sox @ Detroit

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Well as of right now Cordell isn't on the 40 man roster and there hasn't been an option burned on him yet this year. May as well have him play every day at Charlotte rather than filling in a backup role, at least for now. Has he been playing well enough to earn a callup?

Yes, he has been pretty good since returning from injury. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Only a .723 OPS since returning doesn't scream call me up today.

.782 in August, I didn't know his July lowered it that much. Either way, he's like 26/27 and there's no reason for LaMarre to get PAs over him. Cordell might not get a shot in our organization after this season with Eloy coming, FAs next year, etc

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Been about a .270 hitter  36 hits 7 doubles 3 triples 3 HRs  Cordell , Lamarre not much difference to make a stink over.

The difference is that LaMarre is just another guy, whereas Cordell is/was a prospect we traded Swarzak for, so if he's ready, we need to give him a shot while we still can

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The difference is that LaMarre is just another guy, whereas Cordell is/was a prospect we traded Swarzak for, so if he's ready, we need to give him a shot while we still can

If you say so . Cordell's just another guy as far as I'm concerned . He'll be in the same shoes as LaMarre in 2 years with another organization.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you say so . Cordell's just another guy as far as I'm concerned . He'll be in the same shoes as LaMarre in 2 years with another organization.

I'll buy that more than bringing him up until he proves he's going to actually be a strong player. It's good to have some guys like that around in case they do break out, but I'm also a fan of calling guys up when they earn it.