8/27 GT - Rodon vs Tanaka

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Baseball is broken.

He’s ready, but years ago without social media and daily updates, nobody would have questioned keeping a 21-yr old in AAA all season, let alone half a season. They would have said- great season, he’ll be up next year. And that’s what will happen.

Even though 4 points separate 1st from 3rd in my roto league, and I'm in 2nd. I have Tanaka on my team and I'm not even mad. This game could cost me $200 at the end of the season and it really doesn't bother me. I love that the Sox are winning. Moncada, Anderson, Rodon doing good things, to me, outweighs the $200. I'd gladly sacrifice the $200 now for years of enjoyment. Maybe that is crazy, idk. I love my Sox. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Tannerfan said:

Okay, are we starting to be a little good?

...maybe???

I think so.  Gio has been better.  Rodon has been good, I won't call it great until he gets his Ks up.  Kopech is up and hopefully will be the real deal.  That is 3/5 rotation being what I would call good.  That is a big step up from the first half of the season.

Offense has been getting a lot more homeruns of late.  They have had less games where the offense looks completely overmatched.  We may be climbing out of bottom of the rebuild....maybe.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Even though 4 points separate 1st from 3rd in my roto league, and I'm in 2nd. I have Tanaka on my team and I'm not even mad. This game could cost me $200 at the end of the season and it really doesn't bother me. I love that the Sox are winning. Moncada, Anderson, Rodon doing good things, to me, outweighs the $200. I'd gladly sacrifice the $200 now for years of enjoyment. Maybe that is crazy, idk. I love my Sox. 

That's a question I've wondered myself, in a way- if I could GUARANTEE a White Sox World Series win by paying money to some baseball deity, how much would I be willing to pay without any hesitation? It's tough.