Sickles mid-season review

southsider2k5

He moved Eloy up to full A and now has him #2 in all of MLB.  Sickles puts his work in if he thinks he's #2 in all of MLB (behind Vlad Jr) then that's a pretty damn strong endorsement.  

He also moved Kopech to a full A, making him a top 8ish overall (IIRC Sickles only gives about 8-10 full As at any given time).

Rest of the rankings seem to reflect Sickels' conservative nature.   Basabe in particular didn't move up after his strong season.

Thinking ahead for the 2019 list, look for 2018 draftees Nick Madrigal and Steele Walker, a higher ranking for Luis Alexander Basabe and trade acquisition Kodi Medeiros all candidates for the top ten. Relief sleepers Jose Ruiz, Ian Hamilton, and Tyler Johnson will also bear watching.

That was the rankings from before the season, he seems to address that.

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know he is apparently not a lot of people's favorite, but one thing that jumped out at me is that he seems to think Zack Collins is a catcher now.

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2018/8/27/17786814/chicago-white-sox-top-20-prospect-for-2018-mid-season-review

One of the most popular things about Collins that people like to say here is that “nobody outside of the organization seems to think he will stick at catcher.”

I guess that is no longer an accurate statement.