AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

A lot without Abreu too.

This is the kind of game I envisioned the White Sox becoming . If Robert makes it This team could be the reincarnation of the Go Go Sox. Imagine if the Engel "tease " becomes more than a tease.. Pitching speed now just need better defense and some OBP guys and we'll be where we can win a lot of games.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
fix typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Rodon with another very solid start. Some timely hitting as well. 

It's very interesting seeing him have this much success with his stuff being down.  Outside of a few pitches, this was probably the most bland stuff I've seen in his entire career.  He was able to get the key outs when he needed to and didn't make a lot of mistakes over the plate. 

2 hours ago, fathom said:

It's very interesting seeing him have this much success with his stuff being down.  Outside of a few pitches, this was probably the most bland stuff I've seen in his entire career.  He was able to get the key outs when he needed to and didn't make a lot of mistakes over the plate. 

Sort of helpful the Yankees were  missing Judge, Sanchez and Gregorius.

I love the attitude Anderson, Kopech, and Rodon bring to the team.  Anderson had an incredible game everywhere, but his base running was phenomenal.  Rodon dug deep and pitched out of a jam in the 7th.  His reaction was great.

I hope moving forward we see these guys prove themselves as leaders and create a culture of badassery.  These guys could be a hell of a lot of fun to watch for the next few years.

15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

true, but a week ago they were missing everyone but Gregorius and still swept the Sox out of GR

True and they had won 5 in a row and 15 of 20 so they were hotter than the Sox coming in and were at home. Those games at GR Covey Lopez and Gio started, Covey and Gio pitched bad . Lopez had a really good game .it was good seeing both Kopech and Rodon pitch effectively without their best stuff.

6 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Rodon dug deep and pitched out of a jam in the 7th.  His reaction was great.

Just watched the re-run of he game , that double play in the 7th was awesome , I love that , its something I enjoy more than a HR .

Great Defense by Tim Anderson, Yolmer and even by Davidson who picked some off target throws, including on the DP in the 7th.  Tim Anderson is fun to watch on the bases. Yolmer makes some great plays at the hot corner.  Life is short. Bring up Eloy.