2019 OD Roster Thread with a focus on Eloy

ScootsMcGoots

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

I bet Donaldson resigns with the Jay's on a one year deal.

It's possible, but he would have to split time at 3B with Vlad Jr., with the rest of his at bats presumably coming from DH or 1B.  Maybe that would be a more comfortable situation for him, coming off an injury and all. But if he wants to play 3B everyday, the Jays won't be a great option.

34 minutes ago, Buehrlesque said:

It's possible, but he would have to split time at 3B with Vlad Jr., with the rest of his at bats presumably coming from DH or 1B.  Maybe that would be a more comfortable situation for him, coming off an injury and all. But if he wants to play 3B everyday, the Jays won't be a great option.

Right, this. Jays may even be nervous to extend the QO to him.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, Scoots said:

A lot of people have spoken about who will be the odd man out when Eloy comes up, specifically Davidson, Delmonico or Palka...

What's tough about this, is I think a lot of people are kind of done with the Davidson experiment (I know I am). Palka seems to be a legitimate 40 hr guy, and a left-handed hitter to boot, and Nicky, well, I'm not sure we really know what his ceiling is yet. 

I also think 2019 is Avi's last year in a Sox uniform. Also kind of hoping Engel's recent hot streak is indicative of him growing as a major league hitter, and maybe he can hit for a .260 average and walk some more.

I'm in agreement with you, in that I think I've seen enough of Davidson. Palka would be more interesting if he could field a position to the tune of "only" -5ish DRS, but alas, he's a butcher. Oh, and get his Ks below a ~33% rate. For Delmonico, he's quietly built himself back up to a ~95 wrc+, and with health & more exposure, perhaps he can become more. At the same time, while Delmonico isn't who I'd want @ 3rd, he at least has exposure at that position, and could be an "emergency" option, behind a FA signing, Yolmer, and perhaps Leury. 

Insofar as the bolded goes, I have to disagree. Engel looks like a typical "Garbage Time Hero" who will promptly go back to sucking at baseball, as any number of GTH's have done for the SOX in the past. I've been done with him for months.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1