8/29 GT - Reynaldo Lopez vs. C.C. Sabathia, 6:05pm

iWiN4PreP

5 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Awesome, but how did Smith miss that pitch?  Did he get crossed up?

Crossed up? Nah. That play was strategically designed by Renteria for that particular situation. And people say Renteria doesn't know what he's doing.

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Hilarious outcome.

I’m loving that Yankees fans must be utterly furious watching them blow a very meaningful must win home series against what they no doubt view as a garbage nothing team 

Believe me, this game is not over, especially if the bullpens get involved,

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Really don't get all the negativity. He allowed some hard contact in the 1st and 2nd but this has been a good start. That inning wasn't his fault with the defense he received. More swings and misses than he's had in awhile, and a lot on the offspeed. Speaking of the offspeed, the command of it has been incredible. 

I wasn’t able to watch the first two innings, but I’m sure scouting reports are telling guys to key on Lopez’s fastball.  That is 100% Cooper’s fault for letting Lopez rely on it thus much in a rebuilding season.  The good news is Reynaldo has been able to make an adjustment in-game and successfully use his offspead to combat the Yankees approach.

Pretty crazy LaMarre now has a higher OPS than Moncada, but SSS.

Big victory with Lopez having an excellent outing against a playoff team in a hostile environment.

Jose Rondon as starting 3B in 2019?  Why not, if they miss on Machado and don't give Donaldson a "make good" short-term recovery deal.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Following tonight's game, the New York Yankees have acquired OF Ryan LaMarre from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for cash considerations or a player to be named later. 

You're underestimating Soxtalk dude. Lamarre for Sheffield. ;)