8/30 GT - BOS @ CHW; Porcello vs. Giolito 7:10pm

iWiN4PreP

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

IF Renteria does that, they'll blow the game. And he'd deserve to be fired. 

I'm usually not the kind of guy (at least I like to think so) who thinks managers should be fired because of one certain situation. But the mishandling of Burr and Vieira is getting really indefensible. It's one thing to not want to expose them to high pressure spots early on. It's another thing to literally just let them rot away in the bullpen. I don't know what reasoning Ricky could possibly have. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm usually not the kind of guy (at least I like to think so) who thinks managers should be fired because of one certain situation. But the mishandling of Burr and Vieira is getting really indefensible. It's one thing to not want to expose them to high pressure spots early on. It's another thing to literally just let them rot away in the bullpen. I don't know what reasoning Ricky could possibly have. 

No I just hate Renteria and think he should be shitcanned anyway. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

What are we trying to accomplish by sending him back out there?

Allow a baserunner, then have him score at the hands of a reliever, adding a run to Giolito's line. It's clearly the plan because it's what happens every time. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Allow a baserunner, then have him score at the hands of a reliever, adding a run to Giolito's line. It's clearly the plan because it's what happens every time. 

Just another box to be checked on the "reasons to fire Renteria" list. 

1 minute ago, daggins said:

I can't say I like the way Burr is being handled, but Viera has not exactly dazzled when given his chance.

But there's a big difference there. Vieira can't hit the broadside of a barn at times. Burr has more control than he does, and had a better season in the minors. Guy deserves to be put in pressure situations in a lost season. 

There's like double digit runs I don't even credit to Lucas this year because it's clear he never should have been sent out. Anyways, no matter what happens the rest of this game, its been another great start for him