8/30 GT - BOS @ CHW; Porcello vs. Giolito 7:10pm

iWiN4PreP

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Renteria is as brain dead as one gets. Sorry excuse for a Manager. We all could manage the team better than his ass. 

I honestly think the team started to play better because he wasn't around.  Like, even if I'm full of shit (probably) what does he do to help the team win on a nightly basis?

But again, I guess that's the point.  Fire his ass in 2020 at the latest please.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I don't even agree with that, even with a bad pen, go to it when your starter is gassed, especially when you're planning on that pitcher in the future. I'd much rather have had Gomez blow that at the start of the inning than at the end.

Hamilton's a pipe dream, he won't be up til 2019. I'm okay with that for a number of reasons, the fact that we won't use him the right way in Chicago among them.

I will say this, Giolito needs to work out this winter. He has some issues holding his stuff late in starts. I don't know what exercises pitchers do to build arm strength, but he needs to work on it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

*sox trade away competent middle reliever for 40 year old single A pitcher*

soxalk: Hooray! We saved our owner money and maximized our sweet sweet asset

*trash bullpen gives up lead*

soxtalk: why is our bullpen trash? Must be the manager putting the wrong trash reliever in!

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I honestly think the team started to play better because he wasn't around.  Like, even if I'm full of shit (probably) what does he do to help the team win on a nightly basis?

But again, I guess that's the point.  Fire his ass in 2020 at the latest please.

They'd probably have AT LEAST 5 more wins with a better manager this season. Not that it matters all that much, but I really don't like the way the GM and Manager are handling things right now. With regard to Hahn, if you're bringing up Kopech you bring up Eloy too. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, bmags said:

soxtalk: why is our bullpen trash? Must be the manager putting the wrong trash reliever in!

lol yeah. Fry can't pitch every inning.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

That's a straw man, the issue is that Giolito was trotted out to start the 7th when his night should've been over. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I don't even agree with that, even with a bad pen, go to it when your starter is gassed, especially when you're planning on that pitcher in the future. I'd much rather have had Gomez blow that at the start of the inning than at the end.

Hamilton's a pipe dream, he won't be up til 2019. I'm okay with that for a number of reasons, the fact that we won't use him the right way in Chicago among them.

Cooper has always said he goes more by when mechanics start breaking down the pitch count. 

Not a fan of the let them go until they fail stuff but in a rebuilding year I do want our young starters to learn how to go deep and maintain their stuff.

Those relievers weve traded for are now starting to come up though. They're just not being used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I will say this, Giolito needs to work out this winter. He has some issues holding his stuff late in starts. I don't know what exercises pitchers do to build arm strength, but he needs to work on it. 

I'm not particularly concerned about his stamina, this organization has had numerous issues, that hasn't been one.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Like I said before though, I understand the bullpen is deeply flawed, but I have no clue why we even brought Lucas back out.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Those relievers weve traded for are now starting to come up though. They're just not being used.

Our best reliever is in charlotte with our best hitter right now and it’s not Ricky’s fault.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

To be fair, most thought the Avilan trade sucked 

Cooper has always said he goes more by when mechanics start breaking down the pitch count. 

Not a fan of the let them go until they fail stuff but in a rebuilding year I do want our young starters to learn how to go deep and maintain their stuff.

That's fair, but I also agree with what fathom has said in the past that when you know they're around their limit, getting them out of there. Lucas was over 100 pitches, which is well after when he usually loses his stuff.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They'd probably have AT LEAST 5 more wins with a better manager this season. Not that it matters all that much, but I really don't like the way the GM and Manager are handling things right now. With regard to Hahn, if you're bringing up Kopech you bring up Eloy too. 

I'm in agreement.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

People are more upset with the fact that he was sent out in the 7th with ~108 pitches.

Just now, Heads22 said:

Anyways, like I said, I'm not gonna let me get this down. Out of Giolito, Renteria and Jeanmar, I bet two of the three are gone in two years, and it's not Lucas.

As much as I may be a FO "apologist" I still really don't trust that they'll have the stones to can Ricky anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

As much as I may be a FO "apologist" I still really don't trust that they'll have the stones to can Ricky anytime soon. 

I know, and it is scary. If they're dumb enough to squander a year of the window trying to make Renteria work they should be shitcanned. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Heyman has changed his tone and seems to think Ricky is back and that Girardi might replace Maddon