8/30 GT - BOS @ CHW; Porcello vs. Giolito 7:10pm

iWiN4PreP

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm going to the game Sunday, who would you rather watch start? Covey or Shields? Those are my choices because they're on a 7 game week. 

Shields , I've seen enough of Covey.  But I'd rather see Shields in a Cubs uniform at this point.  I don't care if we lose every game rest of season as long as the big four develop into a great rotation next year, then it's up to Hahn to make us competitive in 2019 in a weak ass division.  This crap bullpen we've been sporting since the 2017 trade deadline is pathetic .  

Very, very frustrating to see the bullpen garbage on an almost nightly basis. 14th time now the Sox blew a lead and lost when leading in the 7th inning or later. Giolito looked very slid again with nothing to show for it.

I repeat, I don't think the Sox will get any superstars, they won't be interested but they can help stabilize the bullpen and perhaps be more respectable in 2019.

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Hot take: James Shields will be traded tomorrow 

He can still be traded in September. He just wouldn't be able to be added to a post-season roster. Not sure you want Shields on a post-season roster. He's definitely more of a pickup to help eat innings until you get to that point.

Edited by soxfan2014

14 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

why would they trade for Yelich?   There was no need to send prospects for him

Uh, because Yelich is on the top 10 list for MVP candidates, signed thru 2021, and can hit and play defense.  They gave up 3 decent prospects, nothing like our top guys, and Brinson.  Milwaukee won that trade.

Just my own pipe dream.  Was never gonna happen.