Eloy's Camp Unhappy: Grievance Possible

DirtySox

18 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also, totally accurate.  This wouldn't get out if the player's camp didn't want it in the news.

Maybe his agent is doing this so he goes north w the team next year instead of back to AAA

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Eloy's situation is like your girl telling you no sex til marriage. You are ready for it, and it want it, but for bs reasons you have to wait. 

I think it's more like a girl saying no to sex after the first date(s). You both are connecting really well, both really want it, but she knows if she makes you wait, there will be more interest in the future and there is a better chance you stay with her for the long haul. 

It sucks when it happens, but you understand why she is doing it. 

I think it's more like when you develop an incredibly valuable skill that has a finite amount of time before it diminishes and you cannot use it for a career anymore, and an organization that hires people with that skill and also prevents competition for others to hire that skill to delays your entry into the league at a cost of tens of millions to yourself strictly to prevent the organization from paying you market rate.

We all can relate right?

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

On 8/30/2018 at 6:06 PM, Two-Gun Pete said:

I don't think a grievance will actually be filed, because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell it would be successful. The CBA is what the CBA is, and that aside, he's only had 500 or so PA above High A; 300 or so of the 500 PA in AA. He won't be hurt by finishing up the year with Charlotte, and/or getting some more PAs with W-S in their playoffs, then a few weeks in 2019 again in Charlotte.

All that said, despite my previous misgivings about his readiness, I feel a lot better about his prospects than I did earlier this season. 

Where did you get the idea that the Sox would demote Eloy to play with Winston-Salem in their playoffs ? That's kind of crazy.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Where did you get the idea that the Sox would demote Eloy to play with Winston-Salem in their playoffs ? That's kind of crazy.

This happens more than you'd think around the game.

It isn't so much of a demotion, as it is a way to get a player a handful of more PA. Especially if he's not coming to The Show,  & he's not doing AFL. 

57 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

This happens more than you'd think around the game.

It isn't so much of a demotion, as it is a way to get a player a handful of more PA. Especially if he's not coming to The Show,  & he's not doing AFL. 

He usually plays winter ball in the DR. Thats where he gets extra plate appearances. No idea if he'll do that this year or not. I doubt the Sox want him to this year considering he is so close with the injury risk and all.

16 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

It's not a bad idea to get extra at bats.

See post above yours.  If he goes to Winston Salem or plays in the DR I will be shocked. I doubt his agents nor the Sox want him to risk injury at this time. He demolished AA A. What good will it do to face A+ pitching? He'd  just get a bunch of walks or risking somebody beaning him.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
additonal content

45 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't recall anyone moving down to do it. Up? Yes.

Any examples?

If you are asking me I think you're asking the wrong guy. I thought it was crazy too. It was two Gun Pete that said he could go down to WInston Salem and told me it was more common than I thought . I also questioned it in 2 other posts.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you are asking me I think you're asking the wrong guy. I thought it was crazy too. It was two Gun Pete that said he could go down to WInston Salem and told me it was more common than I thought . I also questioned it in 2 other posts.

I mean whoever really. I have no recollection of it happening. 

There’s 25 guys on the roster, why does he have a right to a spot that will be taken away from one of them? These are players that are developing and essentially showcasing for a future role. I’m excited about Eloy, don’t mind that he’s pushing to come up. With that said, he isn’t entitled to anything. That’s the price of being an employee.

On 8/30/2018 at 1:13 PM, soxfan49 said:

Black = African American. Eloy is from the Dominican Republic. He isn't "black."

WTF...  Commonly in the carribean there is racism - because some islands and some people from those islands are darker skinned/have more African descent.

I remember reading about how some in the DR did not want Haitian immigrants coming into country - for reasons you can guess.

Weird stuff on this thread.... or just trolling... trolling I hope!

Edited by harkness99

1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

WTF...  Commonly in the carribean there is racism - because some islands and some people from those islands are darker skinned/have more African descent.

I remember reading about how some in the DR did not want Haitian immigrants coming into country - for reasons you can guess.

Weird stuff on this thread.... or just trolling... trolling I hope!

Yeah I think you and @TaylorStSox missed my sarcasm.

I am looking at a worst case scenario.  My glass is half empty.  What is the purpose of the grievance to be filed by his legal team?  Publicity?  Slap the hands of White Sox?  Change that portion of the CBA?  I don't think so.

Eloy's team probably will ask for free agency.

Why take a chance.  All Hahn has to do to defuse this is promote him tomorrow.  This whole issue is potentially so delicate that the Owner should step in, if he has to.  Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

I am looking at a worst case scenario.  My glass is half empty.  What is the purpose of the grievance to be filed by his legal team?  Publicity?  Slap the hands of White Sox?  Change that portion of the CBA?  I don't think so.

Eloy's team probably will ask for free agency.

Why take a chance.  All Hahn has to do to defuse this is promote him tomorrow.  This whole issue is potentially so delicate that the Owner should step in, if he has to.  Just my opinion.

I would guess he would get service credits.  I will also say, I don't believe it has ever happened before. 

Jimenez stats in his 155 games in the Sox organization:

• Winston-Salem, 29 games
  • Birmingham, 71 games
  • Charlotte, 55 games
  • PA-651
  • AB-594
  • R-95
  • H-202
  • 2B-44
  • 3B-4
  • HR-33
  • RBI-108
  • BB-49
  • K-106
  • AVG-.340
  • OBP-.390
  • SLG-.594

Fun fact--he's only been hit by a pitch 3 times in those 155 games.

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1
  • Love 1