Eloy Will NOT Be Called Up

DirtySox

4 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I would disagree. The Sox are simply following the rules of the system in place. It's a well know fact that the current CBA is not working out well for the players, and more and more players and agents are making their frustrations heard. All this noise is coming from Eloy's agents - and like you said, they are standing up for their client (as they should).

I totally want to see Eloy in a Sox uniform, but it makes a lot of sense for the Sox to wait and approach this from a long-term business perspective. As a fan, I will be both disappointed and angry if the Sox ultimately keep him down because he literally doesn't have anything left to prove. But they are well within the current set of rules to allow them to do this. Every team approaches this in the same way. Will it change in the future? You bet - no way the next CBA doesn't try to negotiate some type of penalty against teams that take advantage and play the service time loophole. Hopefully they call him up, because I honestly don't believe anything Nightingale ever says.

I was not talking about the act of keeping down but what the Sox have said to the media the last month or so. You don't say he is really close and he just needs to check all the boxes before he can come up and not tell him what the boxes are.  Or even say anything.  It's more what they said and how they said it that the Sox did wrong

1 hour ago, Moncada said:

I was not talking about the act of keeping down but what the Sox have said to the media the last month or so. You don't say he is really close and he just needs to check all the boxes before he can come up and not tell him what the boxes are.  Or even say anything.  It's more what they said and how they said it that the Sox did wrong

In that sense, then yes, they absolutely misspoke if they don't bring him up. There's still time left. Until it actually comes from the horses mouth, it's still just all speculation at the end of the day. 

20 hours ago, Tony said:

Which is when his agents may actually have a case for a grievance.

Following this and the “checking boxes” narrative...

”One box for him to check was prolonged sustained success at the highest minor league level.”

That’s a fictitious trump card argument in any potential grievance.