9/2 Games

soxfan49

My hope is this off-season they can correct him and he feels more comfortable with his arm being healthy. I read while in college he had arm issues which I wonder caused command issues. Just pure speculation on my part. At the very least, he is still striking out everybody when he gets the ball over. 

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Didn't even know Collins has 100 walks for the year.

He's 2-3, 2B, 3 RBIs right now.

If he can get his swing down he's going to be a monster in the middle of the White Sox lineup. Would you bat him ahead or behind Eloy in the lineup? I can't decide, lol.

Just now, BlackSox13 said:

If he can get his swing down he's going to be a monster in the middle of the White Sox lineup. Would you bat him ahead or behind Eloy in the lineup? I can't decide, lol.

He had his best success ahead of Eloy when they both were in AA to start. I don't think Ricky will bat him ahead of him (or behind for that matter, probably lower in the lineup) but I'd definitely put him ahead of Eloy.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He had his best success ahead of Eloy when they both were in AA to start. I don't think Ricky will bat him ahead of him (or behind for that matter, probably lower in the lineup) but I'd definitely put him ahead of Eloy.

I'm kinda leaning that way myself due to his ability to draw walks ahead of Eloy. But if Collins turns into a HR masher I can see batting him behind Eloy too. Fun to think about.

14 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

I'm kinda leaning that way myself due to his ability to draw walks ahead of Eloy. But if Collins turns into a HR masher I can see batting him behind Eloy too. Fun to think about.

Very fun to think about. Anyone in front of Elot is going to see better pitches and having a guy with a good eye who takes walks will surely be a good thing  . The more men on base for Eloy the better. Just too bad he's a catcher. Rather not have someone in front of Eloy who is a slow runner. 

Next year I like Moncada in front of Eloy . Moncada 3rd. Eloy 4th. ABreu 5th *

*additions to the roster TBD

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Very fun to think about. Anyone in front of Elot is going to see better pitches and having a guy with a good eye who takes walks will surely be a good thing  . The more men on base for Eloy the better. Just too bad he's a catcher. Rather not have someone in front of Eloy who is a slow runner. 

Next year I like Moncada in front of Eloy . Moncada 3rd. Eloy 4th. ABreu 5th *

*additions to the roster TBD

I like that idea of batting Moncada ahead of Eloy, good call. Slot Palka in at 6th behind Abreu and the middle of the order has some serious pop. 

I know Collins isn't setting the world on fire with his batting average but I do feel the best is yet to come from him. Maybe I'm reaching but I think Collins can be a .250 BA .350+ OBP 30+HR hitter in the majors some day. I'll take that from a catcher or first baseman, wherever he ends up.

15 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I like that idea of batting Moncada ahead of Eloy, good call. Slot Palka in at 6th behind Abreu and the middle of the order has some serious pop. 

I know Collins isn't setting the world on fire with his batting average but I do feel the best is yet to come from him. Maybe I'm reaching but I think Collins can be a .250 BA .350+ OBP 30+HR hitter in the majors some day. I'll take that from a catcher or first baseman, wherever he ends up.

In my eyes Collins is like Moncada in that he looks at a lot of pitches and K's a lot only without doing as well in the minors because his hit tool isn't on par with Moncada's. The goal for both is cutting down on the K's and putting balls in play. I'm in wait and see mode on both and hope for the best. But that's how I feel on most prospects. Just crossing my fingers that there aren't many busts among them and that some become above average players in the show.

• bmags unpinned this topic