Pull up Eloy and keep him down longer next year?

ron883

2 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

Who would be opposed? You get the fans excited and you show free agents like Machado what the future holds. You stash Eloy and Hamilton in AAA however many games next year then call them up. It would be awesome to see Eloy this year.

I wanted to give u the haha award but I think you are serious so I'd rather not laugh at you.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Also you were the one who made a big stink about burning Hamiltons extra year of service time and now you want to burn Eloy's too ? At least show a little consistency. Eloy's extra year  is way more important then Hamilton's.

You don't get it once again man. I'm saying bring him up now then keep him down extra long after spring training so we still get the extra year

Edited by Hot FiRe

2 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

You don't get it once again man. I'm saying bring him up now then keep him down extra long after spring training so we still get the extra year

I'm under the impression that once you bring him up there's no turning back . You cannot reset the clock. And even if what you say is true. It's still a bad bad bad idea

If I am wrong then when bring him back up after the super 2 deadline ? If i didn't get it that's on you for posting drunk. You said stash them for however many games. How am I supposed to get what that means ? You just had to start a new thread for this bs when there's already 2 threads on Eloy you could've posted it. You just didn't want to be ignored. I still don' think you can reset the clock but we'll find out when someone else who knows more than I do about it comments.

If you find one person who agrees with this idea I'll be shocked.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm under the impression that once you bring him up there's no turning back . You cannot reset the clock. And even if what you say is true. It's still a bad bad bad idea

If I am wrong then when bring him back up after the super 2 deadline ? If i didn't get it that's on you for posting drunk. You said stash them for however many games. How am I supposed to get what that means ? You just had to start a new thread for this bs when there's already 2 threads on Eloy you could've posted it. You just didn't want to be ignored. I still don' think you can reset the clock but we'll find out when someone else who knows more than I do about it comments.

If you find one person who agrees with this idea I'll be shocked.

Nope. You need to hit 172 service days for a full year of service. They can bring him up for 10 games, then keep him down 10 games longer than they would have next year.

You should bone up on your free agency knowledge before you slander my idea. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Nope. You need to hit 172 service days for a full year of service. They can bring him up for 10 games, then keep him down 10 games longer than they would have next year.

Eloy and his agents aren't happy about possibly not being called up until mid-April next year and somehow you think they will be OK with the Sox jockeying him back and forth between Chicago and Charlotte? Seriously, you really think this is a good idea?

• Like 1

You guys are really being unfair here to HoT FiRe. 

His idea isn't so bad, and I think it might be a good one. Although, I would make one change to it, because there is a lot of risk in it, too.

I'd bring him up in this scenario and have two possible outcomes:

1) Either Eloy does poorly, proving the White Sox org. correct in holding him down, and then you just keep him down for the extended absence to start the year off next year.

2) Or he does well, and then you are forced to keep him up and lose the extra year of service.

I think there's a decent shot here that Eloy gets called up tomorrow anyway. It's just the right thing to do.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that Rick Hahn will announce that Eloy will be brought up tomorrow . If  Eloy proves to be an All Star and likes the Sox, they will have every opportunity to sign him long term.  If not then they can trade him like the Sox traded away Sale and Quintana at the pinnacle of their careers.

The idea that the Sox should take advantage of the rules to hold Eloy  and make force him wait another year for FA is a joke.

Take the high road instead.  Treat the guy like a champ and he will be here as long as the Sox want him and can afford his Contract.

If the Sox want another championship in the foreseeable future they are going to have to sign a few All-Star level players to big money deals. That is just the reality of baseball. Look at the FA that teams like the Cubs, Yankees and Boston have signed over the last few years.  If the idea is to try to win with a team that doesn't carry several big player contracts, forget about it.  That's probably not going to happen anymore.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

Hey I admitted I wasn't sure. And its still a bad idea grasshopper, because for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

1) While you showcase Eloy  he may not do well in a short sample size.

2) You give more ammo to his agents .

3) If Eloy isn't upset now  and understands everything surely the move you proposed further risks upsetting him. I'd rather he be focused on baseball when he is called up.

4) So you want to showcase Eloy but you are also showcasing how unfairly the front office treats our players to the superstars free agents looking for a team .

Great plan. It's you who don't get it man .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1