2018 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I decided to pick up Steelers RB James Conner in the wake of the news that Bell may not be ready for week 1 and Conner would be their #1 back. He's currently projected for only 3.9 points, but once Bell is officially ruled out, I'm hope that goes to 10+ and I will start him over Chris Thompson.

As long as hes behind that line and Rothlisberger is out there, Conner or Bell are going to get a huge workload. I also picked up Conner off FA, had to give up Ingram to do so which sucks because I was trying to stash him.

Anybody want to give me their opinion on who to start for TE this week. Reed or Burton?

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

As long as hes behind that line and Rothlisberger is out there, Conner or Bell are going to get a huge workload. I also picked up Conner off FA, had to give up Ingram to do so which sucks because I was trying to stash him.

Anybody want to give me their opinion on who to start for TE this week. Reed or Burton?

I would start Reed anytime he's healthy.

Won't be often. 

7 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I would start Reed anytime he's healthy.

Won't be often. 

I'm so torn cuz my gut is telling me Burton is going to have a great game as Nagy starts to show his gameplan but Reed has a track record of being top 3 TE whenever he's actually on the field. I think I will end up going with Reed.

Not like Alex Smith doesn't love TEs but I have a hard time trusting Reed at all until he proves it again. I'd probably go Burton, though, with what limited tape is on the bears offense that may be what packers focus on stopping.

Plus, wasn't trubisky best in middle of field? They may just try and give him the outside and prove it.

• Like 1

QB-Rodgers

WR-AB

WR-Tyreek

RB-Cook

RB-Lynch

Flex-Hogan

TE-Doyle (Gates on bench)

D/ST-Jags

K-Gould

May start Carson over Lynch this week since Raiders are facing Rams. Aaron Jones in 10th round could be a steal for me.

Edited by Brian

Quick, I need some thoughts on a trade.....

The guy who has Bell in my league REALLY wants Conner. He has proposed....

RB Coleman + RB Conner

for

RB DeVonta Freeman

I feel like this is an obvious trade for me. Freeman is an easy RB1, while Coleman is currently on my bench behind Conner and Collins. And LeVeon Bell could be back any week, which will make Conner useless at that point anyway. 

Should I pull the trigger immediately or what?

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Quick, I need some thoughts on a trade.....

The guy who has Bell in my league REALLY wants Conner. He has proposed....

RB Coleman + RB Conner

for

RB DeVonta Freeman

I feel like this is an obvious trade for me. Freeman is an easy RB1, while Coleman is currently on my bench behind Conner and Collins. And LeVeon Bell could be back any week, which will make Conner useless at that point anyway. 

Should I pull the trigger immediately or what?

And now Freeman has a knee injury. I told him to send the trade offer, and then my plan was to wait to see until the game ended if Freeman was still healthy....and now this. 

Ugh, I guess I should wait until the severity is known before I do anything.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:32 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

And now Freeman has a knee injury. I told him to send the trade offer, and then my plan was to wait to see until the game ended if Freeman was still healthy....and now this. 

Ugh, I guess I should wait until the severity is known before I do anything.

I accepted the offer.

There is an actual chance I could score 150+ points in ESPN and lose tomorrow. For anyone who plays ESPN, they know that's a FUCK TON of points. In ESPN, anything over 100 is a good week. 120+ is a virtual lock to win. 163 I think is the highest I've ever seen.

At the moment I have 119 with Cooks, Prater, and Lions DET going on Monday. He has 120 with Gurley left.  I *should* win, but I'll lose my shit if I manage to lose while crushing all other 10 teams in the league.

And the wildest part is that I am projected to score 150 points and that's while I have QB Mahomes on my bench (27.5 points), and Thompson on my bench (21 pts) and Bears DET on my bench (17.3 pts). Had I started those 3 instead, I would be projected for 182 points, which is absolute bananas. 

I played Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Aaron Rodgers this week... FML. AMAZINGLY, I could still win tomorrow as I'm down by 14, but I have Golden Tate and he has Rams D. I pretty much have to hope Tate has a Julio game and Carr/Gruden work some magic... yea not looking promising. 

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

There is an actual chance I could score 150+ points in ESPN and lose tomorrow. For anyone who plays ESPN, they know that's a FUCK TON of points. In ESPN, anything over 100 is a good week. 120+ is a virtual lock to win. 163 I think is the highest I've ever seen.

At the moment I have 119 with Cooks, Prater, and Lions DET going on Monday. He has 120 with Gurley left.  I *should* win, but I'll lose my shit if I manage to lose while crushing all other 10 teams in the league.

And the wildest part is that I am projected to score 150 points and that's while I have QB Mahomes on my bench (27.5 points), and Thompson on my bench (21 pts) and Bears DET on my bench (17.3 pts). Had I started those 3 instead, I would be projected for 182 points, which is absolute bananas. 

I had 185 this week in ESPN. Alvin, Luck, Julio, Mixon, Green...basically every position player scored and baltimore defense. Hope that keeps up 

Holy shitballs, I BARELY escaped with a win. After being projected to win by 40 points early in the Det/NYJ game, the Lions defense ended up shitting the bed and Prater missed 2 FGs, which are negative points in our league. Going in to the Rams game, he had Gurley and I had Cooks, with a projected win of only 3 points.

I ended up with a 142.5 to 141 victory. Gurley fell 12 yards short. Cooks had 0 catches in the first half, but luckily the second half saw 5 catches and 83 yards. I was sweating bullets.

Ended up with the most points for the week, and a cool $10 bonus.