2018 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

3-0 so far. Ended up with the 2nd most points this week. If Gronk or Chris Thompson had done anything I would have had taken home another bonus. Oh well, my girlfriend ended up with the bonus week.

HOPING to finally get Devonta Freeman back. In the meantime, I have been throwing out feelers for one of my WR. I have AB, Evans, Cooks, and Cole. I'm thinking of moving Evans for an RB, since my RB spot is weak (Devonta, Collins, Thompson, Penny, Yeldon). The guy who has David Johnson said he would move him for Evans + Thompson, but I haven't decided if that's something I should do, given how bad Arizona looks. 

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Imagine being the idiot who started Dalvin Cook last night. Hmph

Samesies. Man I hate my snake draft teams cos my auction draft. Snake draft I end up with rbs like Mixon/cook, is never take that much risk in auction league unless they were way cheap.

38 minutes ago, bmags said:

It was a risk play when I made it, but with cook you still have possibility of a 2 yard screen going 80 yards.

That's why I played him but Cousins never checks down to him. Maybe LA had him covered but not 1 reception? Blah

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Cooks came up big for me, and I'll need that with Freeman out and Thompson on a bye. Relying on Hines from the Colts to just get me at least 5 or 6 points to hold down my projected 20 point victory.

Mack is likely out, so not the three-headed monster to deal with there. Decent chance. 

On 9/29/2018 at 12:15 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Cooks came up big for me, and I'll need that with Freeman out and Thompson on a bye. Relying on Hines from the Colts to just get me at least 5 or 6 points to hold down my projected 20 point victory.

Hines got me far more than the 5 or 6 points I wanted.....and I still lost....by 1.5 points.

Gronk got hurt AGAIN, go fucking figure. But Evans had a bad game, Collins lost a fumble (the margin of loss for me this week), and the guy I played ended up having Travis Kelce score 17 points in the 2nd half and Phillip Lindsay fall in to the endzone following a PI call at the 2 yard line.

Steaming mad right now. I'm still 3-1, but I fucking hate being projected to win the entire week, only to have a shitty MNF game blow the week for me. Literally led all week until the 4th quarter of this game tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Brian said:

It's just awful. In the last two weeks, I've gotten -1 pts from my kicker. Too much luck involved.

Yea but it also depends on you actually keeping an eye on whose been solid. I had Boswell (Steelers kicker) to start the year and he was terrible. I picked up the Houston kicker a couple weeks ago and he's been amazing. Thank god Houston is terrible in the red zone.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

We cut it. For like two seasons we got rid of K and DEF and replaced them with 3 defensive players, but that kind of sucked too. We went back to just starting a team D and that's it. Who the hell wants to worry about kickers?!

I am in a league where we have kickers and reward longer field goals (3 for anything 39 or less, 4 for 40-49, 5 for 50 and over). Jason Myers of the Jets scored 27 points by himself this week (no one had him, though). It's ridiculous to reward kickers so much in fantasy. Zurlein last year was winning many weeks for teams.

I've proposed eliminating them or at the least removing the additional points for longer FGs. No one is willing to do either.

Edited by maggsmaggs

By the smallest of margins, I held on to win this week and take highest points for the week (small $$$ bonus).

Here's what stinks about that. I have Sony Michel, and he was questionable with his status uncertain until 90 minutes before game time. I wasn't going to be around for the Sunday night game, so I got nervous. I looked for who was available, and Alfred Morris was, so I picked him up. According to a few sites I searched, he was likely to get the bulk of carries Monday night with Breida possibly sitting out. Well, it turns out Morris didn't carry the ball at all, and Brenda played and looked pretty good. I won by half a point, but I had to sweat it out.