2018 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, Brian said:

With Gronk out, I’d go Gordon. But my team is 1-5

Haha yea its tough. Shep has the best matchup but Engram is coming back. Patriots have Gronk out but I can easily see Edelman and Hogan soaking up the targets along with James White. Its tough..

• 4 weeks later...

Need some help on a trade offer...... 12-team, 0.5 PPR, ESPN league.

I trade away...... Gronk and Brandin Cooks

I receive..... James White and Nick Chubb.

The reason I am considering this is because I my RBs are trash. Alex Collins is my #1. And the reason I am willing to part with Cooks is because I have Antonio Brown and Mike Evans still. I am going to have to replace Gronk with Vance MacDonald, which is a clear downgrade, but Gronk can literally get hurt at any moment. 

The one reason I am sitting on this trade is because White and Chubb are both bench players for him right now. He also has McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Lamar Miller, and LeSean McCoy. So I feel like he is just trading spare parts and he will upgrade his TE and WR position. I kind of want to make him bleed out more than that. Should I ask him to throw in Njoku? Or Funchess? Or Corey Davis? 

34 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The reason I am considering this is because I my RBs are trash. Alex Collins is my #1. And the reason I am willing to part with Cooks is because I have Antonio Brown and Mike Evans still. I am going to have to replace Gronk with Vance MacDonald, which is a clear downgrade, but Gronk can literally get hurt at any moment. 

The one reason I am sitting on this trade is because White and Chubb are both bench players for him right now. He also has McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Lamar Miller, and LeSean McCoy. So I feel like he is just trading spare parts and he will upgrade his TE and WR position. I kind of want to make him bleed out more than that. Should I ask him to throw in Njoku? Or Funchess? Or Corey Davis? 

If you are in a PPR league.... then what the hell is wrong with you? You take that and run. Why he's even offering James White, whose been one of the best fantasy RBs for the year is beyond me (saw a crazy stat that Brady checks down to him I believe 34% of his throws, which leads the league). And Nick Chubb has been really good (my current #2 RB on my team). You can't worry about what he has on his team. Fantasy is a crap shoot as it is. Unless you are scared about potentially facing him in the first round of the playoffs or something (or if he's in the same division.. no idea how your league does their playoff brackets/matches) then you strengthen your team and worry about stuff like that later. I'm actually shocked your league is still doing trades at week 11.. pretty late in the season...

Edited by SoxAce

12 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

If you are in a PPR league.... then what the hell is wrong with you? You take that and run. Why he's even offering James White, whose been one of the best fantasy RBs for the year is beyond me (saw a crazy stat that Brady checks down to him I believe 34% of his throws, which leads the league). And Nick Chubb has been really good (my current #2 RB on my team). You can't worry about what he has on his team. Fantasy is a crap shoot as it is. Unless you are scared about potentially facing him in the first round of the playoffs or something (or if he's in the same division.. no idea how your league does their playoff brackets/matches) then you strengthen your team and worry about stuff like that later. I'm actually shocked your league is still doing trades at week 11.. pretty late in the season...

I'm just apprehensive about White because Sony Michel and Gronk are both healthy now. That will reduce White's carries and his receptions. And with Kupp out for the year, Cooks will likely see a rise in his targets now. 

I think maybe I'll use the next two days to push for him to throw in Njoku as a backup for Seals-Jones (just dropped MacDonald and picked up RSJ a few minutes ago), and if he won't throw in Njoku (He will have Gronk and Heuerman still), then maybe I just take the deal as is. I guess this trade really hinges on Gronk's health. If he gets hurt again, I feel like this was a slam dunk. If he's healthy the rest of the way, then I might be kicking myself. 

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

4 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Nick Chubb is a sell high guy IMO. He murdered one of the worst,if not the worst, defense in the league. He's trying to sell high. I'd much rather have Cooks as his value increased alot now that Kupp is out for the year. White is about to be TD vultured by a healthy Sony, returning Burkhead and now i wouldn't doubt BB keeps mixing in Patterson. 

TL:DR- Nix this trade, hold on to Gronk/Cooks.

Accepted the offer today.

WR Brandin Cooks and TE Rob Gronkowski

for

RB James White, RB Nick Chubb, TE David Njoku

My new starting line-up.... 12 team, 0.5 PPR

QB - Mahomes (1)

RB - White (8)

RB - Chubb (19)

WR - Brown (5)

WR - Evans (9)

TE - NJoku (10)

FLEX - Collins (24)

DST - Bears (1)

K - Lutz (1)

Bench - RB Freeman, RB Thompson, RB Yeldon, RB Bibbs, QB Flacco, TE Seals-Jones, WR Goodwin

• 2 weeks later...

Playoffs have started for my fantasy league. I ended up with the 2nd best record (9-3), but the 3rd seed because we have divisions. Because of a goofy as generated schedule, I played a very good team 3 times this season out of 12 games. I won all 3 games, but by less than 2 points twice. And WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT, that team is my 1st RD matchup. Can I beat them FOUR times in 13 games? I'm projected to lose by 3, and I'm very nervous.

Early returns on the trade I made have been fine. White wasn't great, but Chubb was and Njoku had a great game, even though he was on my bench in favor of Brate.

So that leads me to my current dilemma....... Brate or Njoku at TE? Josh Reynolds or Chris Thompson or Inman at FLEX? I currently have Brate and Reynolds in there. 

On 11/28/2018 at 12:15 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Playoffs have started for my fantasy league. I ended up with the 2nd best record (9-3), but the 3rd seed because we have divisions. Because of a goofy as generated schedule, I played a very good team 3 times this season out of 12 games. I won all 3 games, but by less than 2 points twice. And WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT, that team is my 1st RD matchup. Can I beat them FOUR times in 13 games? I'm projected to lose by 3, and I'm very nervous.

Early returns on the trade I made have been fine. White wasn't great, but Chubb was and Njoku had a great game, even though he was on my bench in favor of Brate.

So that leads me to my current dilemma....... Brate or Njoku at TE? Josh Reynolds or Chris Thompson or Inman at FLEX? I currently have Brate and Reynolds in there. 

Going in to the games, the projection changed. He was able to pick up both Eckler AND Ware over me. I was now projected to lose by like 18. 

By the start of the New England game, I was projected to now lose by 30 points.

By the start of the Steelers game I was projected to lose by just 6. 

AFTER the Steelers game, I was projected to WIN by 16! Antonio Brown came up HUGE for me, and Eckler didn't do much.

All he had left was Ertz tonight, and Ertz merely made it slightly over his projection.

I won by 14! Phew, what a fucking relief. I almost feel bad beating the same team 4 times in one season, and all when I was the underdog.

On to Round 2! 

I missed the playoffs. My team wasn't that bad but I always found ways to lose. Had plenty of weeks in the top 3 in points where I would lose. 

But I also lost to the team who had 0 other wins 80-67 a few weeks ago, so I probably didn't deserve much. 

Still have my work league I guess. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

The joys of fantasy football. Everyone should rush to go claim Samuels now from Pitt, someone eligible at RB AND TE...

Indeed, better now i suppose rather than the final. Also that's only in Yahoo leagues apparently, I'd be all over that if it was ESPN.

Edited by TheTruth05

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Ah gotcha. Yeah honestly not sure why Yahoo has that weird designation. 

I think Yahoo will fix this because it could be an absurd advantage for the team that claims him (I am attempting to do so but have a very low priority among playoff teams, so not likely that I get him).

58 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Yup, as a rookie too, not familiar with his college career but did he play some TE at NC State? Either way just weird.

I think that's exactly it. 

The funny thing was that when college DFS was around at the start of his career at NC State, it was the exact same thing. He was listed at TE yet would get multiple carries out the backfield, he was plug and play no matter the price 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I think that's exactly it. 

The funny thing was that when college DFS was around at the start of his career at NC State, it was the exact same thing. He was listed at TE yet would get multiple carries out the backfield, he was plug and play no matter the price 

Nice, whoever gets him in Yahoo leagues is getting a steal. Yahoo Fantasy tweeted out that the TE designation is here to stay. Stupid ESPN should follow suit.

38 minutes ago, Brian said:

I was going to win my daily fantasy league's week...then Amari Cooper happened.

Ouch.That sucks. I'm also facing Cooper in my playoffs but i got so damn lucky he left him on the bench in favor of Cooks. Cooper's gamewinner was all luck too.

My luck ran out. Typical Patriots, randomly decided to not use James White at all in the game. I would have lost anyway, but I can't stand owning any Patriots players, especially RBs. Rest of the team did fine, little dip from Antonio Brown, but the guy I played had a few players with big games and I didn't have a chance anyway. Now I have to play for the 3rd place title and my money back.

My girlfriend ended up winning The Sacko, so that's been fun giving her shit for that.

My work league is a 14 team 1 point PPR league

I went 13-0

8 teams make the playoffs, so no bye week for 1st and 2nd in standings

If Stefan Diggs doesn't score 27 points tonight I will be ousted in round 1 to the 8th seed thanks to Amari Coopers 54 points and Smith-Schusters 32

Heartbreaking

13 hours ago, T R U said:

My work league is a 14 team 1 point PPR league

I went 13-0

8 teams make the playoffs, so no bye week for 1st and 2nd in standings

If Stefan Diggs doesn't score 27 points tonight I will be ousted in round 1 to the 8th seed thanks to Amari Coopers 54 points and Smith-Schusters 32

Heartbreaking

RIP. FF can be too damn cruel.

Ugh... Conflicted between Justin Jackson and Josh Gordon as my flex. I have Chubb and Cook as my starting RBs now and Jackson and Damien Williams on my bench currently. I don't trust Williams with West lurking and Rivers loves throwing to his RBs. Gordon however is the safer choice so it's tough.

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Ugh... Conflicted between Justin Jackson and Josh Gordon as my flex. I have Chubb and Cook as my starting RBs now and Jackson and Damien Williams on my bench currently. I don't trust Williams with West lurking and Rivers loves throwing to his RBs. Gordon however is the safer choice so it's tough.

Welp, hope you went against everything you said and went with Jackson and Williams. 

Jackson had a nice game for me. Mahomes did alright for me. Unfortunately the guy I played had Rivers and he got him like 9 points there in that final drive. But, I went from a projected 18 point loss to a projected 6 point loss, so I made up ground.

I had dropped Damien Williams last week when the Chiefs signed West, so that sucks to see him on another team in the championship game, while I am fighting for 3rd place.