2018 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Welp, hope you went against everything you said and went with Jackson and Williams. 

Jackson had a nice game for me. Mahomes did alright for me. Unfortunately the guy I played had Rivers and he got him like 9 points there in that final drive. But, I went from a projected 18 point loss to a projected 6 point loss, so I made up ground.

I had dropped Damien Williams last week when the Chiefs signed West, so that sucks to see him on another team in the championship game, while I am fighting for 3rd place.

I did play Jackson but I benched Williams. Ugh... luckily Rivers and Jackson were alright for me and Tyreek Hill took a shit for my opponent. Good start so far.

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I did play Jackson but I benched Williams. Ugh... luckily Rivers and Jackson were alright for me and Tyreek Hill took a shit for my opponent. Good start so far.

I had the exact same setup as you. Glad those last 6 minutes of the game turned Rivers/Jackson nights into pretty solid. I felt awful seeing Williams get so much usage and racking up pts on my bench but there was no way I was trusting him right off the bat but he does look solid, wouldn't doubt him and Ware start splitting the backfield 50/50 moving forward which sucks for his FF owners.

2 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I had the exact same setup as you. Glad those last 6 minutes of the game turned Rivers/Jackson nights into pretty solid. I felt awful seeing Williams get so much usage and racking up pts on my bench but there was no way I was trusting him right off the bat but he does look solid, wouldn't doubt him and Ware start splitting the backfield 50/50 moving forward which sucks for his FF owners.

I couldn't trust Williams either, I was thinking about starting him over Brieda/Wilson, Samuels, or AP, but I kept him on the bench unfortunately.  I felt like the Chiefs can be weird about their rotations sometimes, oh well.  

I feel like I'm about to get hit with a FF bad beat.  My team is on a 7 game winning streak ending in 1st place, scored my highest total yet on the bye last week, it's the perfect setup to get upset in the semis this weekend.  Kelce only getting 6.1 isnt the best start.

20 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I couldn't trust Williams either, I was thinking about starting him over Brieda/Wilson, Samuels, or AP, but I kept him on the bench unfortunately.  I felt like the Chiefs can be weird about their rotations sometimes, oh well.  

I feel like I'm about to get hit with a FF bad beat.  My team is on a 7 game winning streak ending in 1st place, scored my highest total yet on the bye last week, it's the perfect setup to get upset in the semis this weekend.  Kelce only getting 6.1 isnt the best start.

Yea can't really feel bad about that one since no one really knew his usage and how he plays in the system due to small sample size. You'll be fine with Samuels i believe, he got most of the work last week and Pats suck against pass catching backs. That said I'm also starting him so fingers crossed lol

It's funny how everyone kept saying Kelce has been shut down against the Chargers the past few games and Rivers historically struggles against the Chiefs especially at Arrowhead and that's how it went down. Divisional games,especially on Thursdays, always ends up screwing people in FF. Hope you overcome Kelce's crappy line

I can't be the only one with a bad beat after that weird-ass fantasy week.

I won the league in regular season points by 250, it was a juggernaut, and 15 less points than my worst showing of the year and lost!

I'm not sure I'll ever put together a team as consistently good as this years again. Quite the gut punch.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:52 AM, TheTruth05 said:

Yea can't really feel bad about that one since no one really knew his usage and how he plays in the system due to small sample size. You'll be fine with Samuels i believe, he got most of the work last week and Pats suck against pass catching backs. That said I'm also starting him so fingers crossed lol

It's funny how everyone kept saying Kelce has been shut down against the Chargers the past few games and Rivers historically struggles against the Chiefs especially at Arrowhead and that's how it went down. Divisional games,especially on Thursdays, always ends up screwing people in FF. Hope you overcome Kelce's crappy line

Good call with Samuels, he was huge without a TD. He alone outscored my opponents Barkley,  Thomas, Lamar Miller combo so it ended up an easy win. 8 in a row!

57 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Good call with Samuels, he was huge without a TD. He alone outscored my opponents Barkley,  Thomas, Lamar Miller combo so it ended up an easy win. 8 in a row!

Nice, you might take the ship on a winning streak. Yea overall it was a terrible week for the regular stud fantasy performers but Samuels came up clutch with his solid matchup. I'm in my FF championship due to Barkley and Kamara being mortal so no complaints here lol.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Niiiiiiice. The other guy has got to be pissed. :lol:

It’s one of my best friends and probably like the only person I know that wouldn’t completely flip out over it ha.  To make it even more ridiculous we’re in an IDP league and the stat correction was a tackle ASSIST for one of my guys lol.  Can’t make this shit up.

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Jesus. What a cock punch.

Definitely.  My buddy I ended up beating was the one who actually texted me that it had happened cause he went to set his lineup and noticed he was in the 3rd place game.  I was obviously happy that it happened but felt kind of awful too ha.

4 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

Definitely.  My buddy I ended up beating was the one who actually texted me that it had happened cause he went to set his lineup and noticed he was in the 3rd place game.  I was obviously happy that it happened but felt kind of awful too ha.

Yeah, I would feel awful too. 

I don't know if you followed this thread much, but due to weird scheduling, I played the same team 3 times during our 12 week season. He's usually one of the best teams every year and had a great roster again this season. Well, I beat him all 3 times, 2 of those times by less than 2 points. Then, we meet up again in the 1st RD of the playoffs, and I beat him for a FOURTH time. I think he had the most Points For in our league, yet he ended up like 7-6 because he had 4 losses to my team. 

I apologized to him at work the following day, I could hardly even be happy for myself at that point.

11 hours ago, Tony said:

Really need some advice, got a coin flip decision to make. 

For my flex spot, can go Josh Reynolds with the Rams or Ballage with the Dolphins. My bench is just murdered with injuries but I’m playing for the championship. Not sure who to start. 

That's really tough. I would lean Ballage. I always lean towards the RB in that situation over a WR, and a 3rd option WR with a QB who is struggling right now.

15 hours ago, Tony said:

If Jared Cook doesn’t score 27 points tomorrow, I win $500 bones. Pray for me

I want to say your safe but today just screams one of those weird Monday night games where the Raiders put up 50 lol more than likely you got this tho 👍🏼