27 members have voted

1. 1. Wins

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 13+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 05:00 PM

I still think 7-9. Their defense is loaded but I need to see Floyd stay healthy and I need to see the DL depth come to fruition. Hicks was dominant but seemed exhausted by the end of 2017. He can’t play 95+ percent of snaps again.

Offensively I expect it to be a struggle for about half of the year. There are a lot of new pieces and Trubisky is still a bit raw. I’d be surprised if they won 10+ but damn I hope I’m wrong.

I know I should temper enthusiasm and be realistic, but I have a hard time believing after watching last years coaching staff and offensive personnel go 5-11 that all of the additions including an all pro adds only 2 wins.

with the exception of QB and safety, it fees like every 2 deep is better than last year showing better depth too.

obviously, it comes down to Mitch. But just feels like such a better team.

With regard to last year's team, it's worth keeping in mind that they were ludicrously unlucky and had pivotal calls/plays that easily could have swung the outcome go against them on several occasions. Better luck and you have at least another win, if not 2 or 3.

If Mitch just stays the same it feels like 9-10.  Remember who he was throwing to last year?  Me neither.  Kendall Wright best target?  

Every position is better or a year more experienced.  Just feels like 9-10 is the average of outcomes, with 7-8 and 11-12 easily possible.  And there is no science behind that

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

If Mitch just stays the same it feels like 9-10.  Remember who he was throwing to last year?  Me neither.  Kendall Wright best target?  

Every position is better or a year more experienced.  Just feels like 9-10 is the average of outcomes, with 7-8 and 11-12 easily possible.  And there is no science behind that

Only one of his receivers last year is still on an nfl roster: josh Bellamy, and he ain’t on a roster because of his receiving skills.

11 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I still think 7-9. Their defense is loaded but I need to see Floyd stay healthy and I need to see the DL depth come to fruition. Hicks was dominant but seemed exhausted by the end of 2017. He can’t play 95+ percent of snaps again.

Offensively I expect it to be a struggle for about half of the year. There are a lot of new pieces and Trubisky is still a bit raw. I’d be surprised if they won 10+ but damn I hope I’m wrong.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. 

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

Uh, yeah.

It actually didn't change my near-term view much. Yes, defense gets better...but I still think there is risk of Mack having a bit of an adjustment period (whether be injury or just getting up to speed with the guys) and I also presume Roquan will take a bit of time to get ready.  

But the main reason is, I think the offense is going to have growing pains. Mitch is young and its a new system and Robinson is coming back from missing a whole year and Miller is still a rookie, etc. I like our talent though and LT think things go well. I don't see us as a playoff team (if I were to bet), however, if we make the playoffs I think we go deep because it means Mitch and the O played well and I believe in our D being the type that plays well in the post-season (and our ability to run the ball is a plus).

Very excited to watch this years season and excited about where the franchise is headed 

Schedule is tougher than it looks. Pre-Mack I would've said 8-8. Now I'm probably at 9-7.

If they stay healthy, which is a big if given recent years, they win double digits and make the playoffs. However I am factoring potential injuries into my prediction. 

Edited by Jose Abreu

Unless the roster is plagued by injuries, they should have added too much talent to be as bad as last year.

The defence was top 10 last year and we not only retained Vic and Fuller but added Mack. The offence and probably the team's record is going to live and die by Mitch's play, development and Nagy's schemes. 

I expect it to be kind of slow the first few weeks while everything gels, I expect the second half of the season to have a better record than the first.

I say 6-10. Yeah, its only one win better but there's going to be growing pains with the offence early on.