Kopech Day IV- Gamethread

soxfan49

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Fuck Cooper for neutering what makes Kopech special. I want him gone, but at the same time I'm mortified to think of what Sox pitching would look like without him. 

Read the article in the Athletic by Fegan on how the new pitchers up are having to adjust on the different seams on the MLB ball.  Very interesting and a good read.  Several almost can't control a breaking pitch or have some that slip.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

What a shame that Thor is already taken. Although he did cut his hair

Yes, but the guy called Thor is on his way out while Kopech is still fresh and could be a starting pitcher for over a decade.

11 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Read the article in the Athletic by Fegan on how the new pitchers up are having to adjust on the different seams on the MLB ball.  Very interesting and a good read.  Several almost can't control a breaking pitch or have some that slip.

I read that article this morning. I'm aware of it. What I really meant was if a new manager wanted to bring in their own pitching coach I wouldn't be opposed to Cooper leaving. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Insp said:

Why can't they play baseball in the rain like they do with football?

You can play in a light rain.  You can't play in a heavy rain as the ball will get water logged on any hit and make it extremely tough to throw.  You're also going to get standing water in any heavy rain and that will make the game completely unplayable.  

In MLB they are primary concerned about standing water and they have a team watching the weather and ready to put the tarp out.  Given the increased injury risk there is almost no reason to play through weather other than to try and get a tightly scheduled game in the books and through 5 innings.