Kopech Day IV- Gamethread

soxfan49

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Given the weather this game either should not have been played at all of the kid shouldn't have been brought back out there even though the first delay wasn't to long. 

The Sox have played 20 consecutive days. They wanted to get the game in, so they could enjoy a full off day today.  And the delay was barely longer than most half innings. 

He didn't have it. It doesn't matter. None of these games matter. Hopefully he gets his arm conditioned for the extra time next year, and hopefully they will need it. Personally, I don't think the kid is a 200 inning pitcher yet, and think it will be a while before he is.  

Damn you Don Cooper!

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/forget-continued-bad-weather-luck-it-was-just-flat-out-bad-night-michael-kopech

“Obviously I didn’t have my best stuff, and aside from that I wasn’t locating the ball either,” Kopech said after the game, breaking down the recipe for disaster. “I missed a lot of spots and got taken advantage of, which is going to happen when I’m not throwing the way I need to.

“I was pitching like I was throwing 100, and I was throwing 93, 94. Can’t miss spots with that kind of velocity, and aside from that, the stuff I had tonight as a whole wasn’t great. So I got taken advantage of.”

10 hours ago, Insp said:

Just wondering, but how does this reputation thingy work?  How can you raise on's reputation if you see what you think is a great post?

the little white heart on the far right on the same line as + and quote, put your cursor over it  then click on one of the 4 choices ( like , love, haha or thanks)

12 hours ago, ptatc said:

The game ruined his career or you did? I really want to know because I must have a single thing  to blame. There is no such thing as a problem with multiple causation.

Dr. House always talked about occam's razor and he's one of the best doctors ever so I agree

14 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

The broadcast talked about Kopech's body language and muttering in warmups.  This was a night he didn't have it and the Tigers had seen him recently.  Coupled with the seams on the MLB baseball (which all the new guys admitted to dealing with) and a rain delay, it is in retrospect, predictable.

But not for Zimmermann

46 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

How is this Cooper's fault? The weather, the velocity drop and missed locations clearly make this KW's fault. My gawd Sox fans how can you not see this?

Stone and Benetti hinted last night the reason he was throwing 93 was because Coop wanted him to work on command. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I don't think anyone should blame this on the rain delay.  The  first homer was hit before the delay and it was crushed.

The hype around Kopech is way overblown. He is a young player who has a lot to learn. Let him learn, and he'll develop faster. Same with Moncada.

This is what is tough about rebuilds. There are days like this. Meanwhile Kopech needs to work on his command. Let him do that, too.

The hype isn't overblown. He's a young pitcher with loads of potential. The hype is deserved, and the rest of your post after that leads me to believe you also think that.