Todd Frazier Must C

wrathofhahn

3 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

How is this not cheating?

The White Sox have been beneficiaries of "cheating". Josh Paul didn't muff the strikeout to AJP in the ALCS in 2005. And Jermaine Dye wasn't HBP to load the bases for Paulie in the 2005 WS. It's whatever you can get away with, unless you are playing golf. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

How is this not cheating?

It's no different than guys selling getting hit by pitches or OF trapping balls on diving plays (doesn't happen anymore due to replay though). This is something that someone should have been watching in the clubhouse and deciding that they should review.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

The White Sox have been beneficiaries of "cheating". Josh Paul didn't muff the strikeout to AJP in the ALCS in 2005. And Jermaine Dye wasn't HBP to load the bases for Paulie in the 2005 WS. It's whatever you can get away with, unless you are playing golf. 

I guess, but I mean this is pretty bad.  If they caught him doing it in real time it's probably a rejection.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

It's no different than guys selling getting hit by pitches or OF trapping balls on diving plays (doesn't happen anymore due to replay though). This is something that someone should have been watching in the clubhouse and deciding that they should review.

Yeah, something about this screams red-handed deception.  He brought an unofficial ball into the field of play.  I dunno.

4 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Yeah, something about this screams red-handed deception.  He brought an unofficial ball into the field of play.  I dunno.

I'd be more bothered if he had hid the ball somewhere before the game started and had this planned out for weeks.  It was a split second decision when you're trying to win.  I wouldn't teach the move to my kids, but it's not pre-meditated cheating by any means.

42 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

I guess, but I mean this is pretty bad.  If they caught him doing it in real time it's probably a rejection.

There was another incident about a week ago where a catcher made a tag play with his mitt and the ball was in his hand . The ump called him out and the Nationals   (the team that the call went against)  had their people look at it and decided not to challenge . Their replay people missed the fact that the ball was in the catchers hand not the mitt too,

• Like 1

I am surprised there hasn't been more outrage over this incident.  I am thinking back to the raging anger that happened when Arod was on as a  baserunner on pretended to call off an infielder on a pop up, which subsequently fell to the ground.

I would call this a worse offense, so where is the outrage machine?

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am surprised there hasn't been more outrage over this incident.  I am thinking back to the raging anger that happened when Arod was on as a  baserunner on pretended to call off an infielder on a pop up, which subsequently fell to the ground.

I would call this a worse offense, so where is the outrage machine?

I could see them suspending him for a game for something like this as it is blatant deception, however it's Todd Frazier.  Real talk: no one cares about him.  A-Rod just makes people mad.

15 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

I could see them suspending him for a game for something like this as it is blatant deception, however it's Todd Frazier.  Real talk: no one cares about him.  A-Rod just makes people mad.

The real answer is that ESPN makes money and kept eyes and ears on their networks by making controversies out of things ARoid did during his career and that's why it was "controversial". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They make money off of making people controversial.  Kapernick was nobody three years ago.

I can think of one important difference between Todd Frazier and Colin Kaepernick that might make it more far more profitable to turn people against the latter of those two. 

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I can think of one important difference between Todd Frazier and Colin Kaepernick that might make it more far more profitable to turn people against the latter of those two. 

Also, it's not worth comparing baseball players to NBA or NFL players.  None of the baseball players draw as much controversy or discussion as the equivalent NBA player.  Just the nature of the game.  NFL and NBA are just better at marketing players and are real-world more important.

22 hours ago, AustinIllini said:

Really highly doubtful.

He landed full speed, flipped and had just knocked that ball off of the ledge behind the railing. He knew he didn't have the ball and he saw one right in front of him. Said he didn't know it was rubber until he had it and I actually believe him. He just saw a baseball and who would be thinking "well, of course this COULD also be a fake rubber ball in the EXACT same spot that one just came out of my glove in a major league baseball game" Nah, you just grab it and try to sell it. It's what all players do. 

Other teams do it to you - you do it to them. It's apart of the game. 

Put it this way - not even a whisper of a fine = ejection wouldn't even be considered.