Kopech has a torn UCL, TJS recommended

soxfan49

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

He shouldn't have been pitching.  Hindsight is 20/20 here.  If the Sox can't keep pitchers healthy then the usefulness of Cooper and his staff is over.  This is the same team that turned Chris Sale into a "pitch to contact" guy.  

Org rots from the top down, Hahn is in over his head.  This kid should never have been pushed this hard.

You're telling me that through hindsight you could know that 135 innings was fine and 140 innings was not. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

He shouldn't have been pitching.  Hindsight is 20/20 here.  If the Sox can't keep pitchers healthy then the usefulness of Cooper and his staff is over.  This is the same team that turned Chris Sale into a "pitch to contact" guy.  

Org rots from the top down, Hahn is in over his head.  This kid should never have been pushed this hard.

This is the first bad year in forever in terms of keeping pitchers healthy, dear lord. Otherwise they've been the best in majors for well over a decade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Might as well trade Rodon this offseason

Absolutely. Kopech isn't doing anything until 2021 at earliest now, so whatever. I really don't know what to think. Injuries have now completely derailed the rebuild. I mean, they're probably not going to be ready to win anything until the guys already at the big league level are FA anyway, so this is already a disaster. We were talking 2021 at best before, now we're probably talking 2022-2023. Now they're still 4-5 years away. This sucks. Fire everyone. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

You're telling me that through hindsight you could know that 135 innings was fine and 140 innings was not. 

I'm telling you that it's the FOs job to keep guys health and the Sox' MO for 20 years has been keeping pitchers healthy better than any other org.  I'm telling you that this year has been a fucking disaster and you can go back further and see Rodon's troubles as well.  

If this staff, Cooper and his boys, can't keep pitchers healthy then they literally have nothing to hand their hat on and should be BROOMED.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

And no mention that historically the Sox have had the least amount of time loss from injury BY FAR the last decade plus. The Sox medical staff keep players remarkably healthy. But again, let's play the meatball game because it's easy. 

You know the thing about the old days?  They the old days.

Just now, fathom said:

Less concerned with that and more concerned with him not being as effective.  Reminding me a bit of Kerry Wood.

Fuck

Lost season of control and development. At least 2019 was likely to be a rebuilding year as well and he should be ready for 2020. But FUCK

Just now, Quinarvy said:

Damn. Didn't even think of that - he'll accrue time while on the DL?

Yes. Because the injury happened while he was on the MLB roster, this is what will happen. Had they not brought him up, and he had this injury in the spring it would not count toward MLB service time. The other thing is that he has had barely any MLB experience, so they might start him at AAA in 2020. 

Just now, fathom said:

Less concerned with that and more concerned with him not being as effective.  Reminding me a bit of Kerry Wood.

I’m not really worried about that as much.  Losing 1/6 of our team control with him and now having him work through growing pains in 2020 rather than 2019 changes the complexion of the entire rebuild.  Thank god we kept Eloy down because next year is a lost cause now.

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

and in hindsight WHAT A FUCKING AWFUL DECISION TO CALL HIM UP AND NOT ELOY FUCK YOU FRONT OFFICE WTF ARE YOU CLOWNS DOING.

Just avoid the inevitable and fire Hahn and company this offseason. This is looking more and more like a never-ending rebuild with each passing day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

and in hindsight WHAT A FUCKING AWFUL DECISION TO CALL HIM UP AND NOT ELOY FUCK YOU FRONT OFFICE WTF ARE YOU CLOWNS DOING.

Actually it was probably good. Ucl tears don't happen at once but are usually weakened over time due to repetive stress.

Maybe it would have recovered over the off season but more likely it would have torn anyway like next spring so his comeback would have been pushed back another 5-6 months.

Still sucks but recovery rate from tj is quite good. Bad thing is that it hurts the chance of a surprise breakout like the braves had.

But the timing is much better than spring which basically means almost 2 full missed seasons while he has a good chance to be back in the first half of 2020 with average recovery time being like 18 months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

If he pitched with discomfort and didn't tell anyone in his last start, the anger should be directed at Kopech, not the FO. 

No! Blame the FO for not using X-ray vision.  Why are people pissed and trying to get people fired?  It’s fucking baseball who cares?

• Thanks 1