Kopech has a torn UCL, TJS recommended

soxfan49

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You're telling me that through hindsight you could know that 135 innings was fine and 140 innings was not. 

Seconded. I knew these meatball posts were coming as soon as I heard the news. Injuries happen in rebuilds, everything won’t happen as fast as it did for teams like the Cubs. Get off Hahn’s ass everyone and go have a ****ing drink.

Edited by The Beast
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

There goes 20% of his control. Fucking stupid to ever call him up this season. Probably happens anyway, but at least he’s in minor league DL. 

This sucks.

I would guess it was going to happen anyway, but a couple weeks sooner and no one would have complained they kept him in Charlotte. Tough break. Hopefully he recovers. Some do really well, some don’t. 

Guys, honestly the injuries this year have been an unmitigated disaster. I'd even go as far to say the whole thing is already a failure. Let's say Moncada/Giolito/Lopez turn out to be good players or stars, they will be FA before the rest of the team is ready. I'm 100% on the clean house in the FO train. There is no window, and the whole thing is ruined. They aren't going to have enough support before those 3 are gone. There is also the distinct possibility that none of those three are any good either. 

• Love 1

Just now, The Beast said:

Seconded. I knew these meatball posts were coming as soon as I heard the news. Injuries happen in rebuilds, everything won’t happen as fast as it did for teams like the Cubs. Get off Hahn’s ass everyone and go have a fucking drink.

Fegan's tweet tells you everything you need to know about this staff.  A lack of attention to detail has plagued the South Side going on a decade now.  It continues.

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

No! Blame the FO for not using X-ray vision.  Why are people pissed and trying to get people fired?  It’s fucking baseball who cares?

Is it x-ray vision when literally the first thing Benetti said when the game started was that Kopech grimaced twice during warmups?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Fegan's tweet tells you everything you need to know about this staff.  A lack of attention to detail has plagued the South Side going on a decade now.  It continues.

Then write a letter and go protest instead of b****ing.

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

Is it x-ray vision when literally the first thing Benetti said when the game started was that Kopech grimaced twice during warmups?

Gotta love how the guy in the booth that couldn't tell you his ass from his elbow baseball wise is more perceptive than the guys getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars down on the field that are entrusted with this team's future ace.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Gotta love how the guy in the booth that couldn't tell you his ass from his elbow baseball wise is more perceptive than the guys getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars down on the field that are entrusted with this team's future ace.

Reminds me of when they let Lopez pitch last year in a game where he could barely hit 90, but since he didn't confess he was hurting, they kept him in and ended up having an oblique issue. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

His UCL did not snap due to a single game.  It was wear and tear over time and then finally a singular event was the last straw.  This sucks.  Next man up for the rebuild hopefully Kopech comes back stronger than ever.   

Wonder if it really started to go at Detroit?

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Remember this is the same staff that tried to turn Chris Sale into a "pitch to contact" guy.  This staff is garbage.  Yea, this event is a HUGE DATA POINT THAT THEY SUCK.

This is also the same team that DEVELOPED Chris Sale and attempted to help him pitch in a way that kept his arm healthy throughout the whole year as opposed to what is happening with the Red Sox where he misses a month with shoulder inflammation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

His UCL did not snap due to a single game.  It was wear and tear over time and then finally a singular event was the last straw.  This sucks.  Next man up for the rebuild hopefully Kopech comes back stronger than ever.   

Especially because he said it never progressed to pain but was just like normal soreness. 

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

This is also the same team that DEVELOPED Chris Sale and attempted to help him pitch in a way that kept his arm healthy throughout the whole year as opposed to what is happening with the Red Sox where he misses a month with shoulder inflammation.

Same team that developed Chris Sale only to trade him for a guy with a 33% k rate and now a guy with a torn UCL.  Fuck this staff.

This is quite an emotional punch to the gut.

I guess I can trick myself mentally. I mean he was only going to impact about 30 games next year anyway.  I hope this means they add a SP in the offseason. With all the injuries internally delaying guys like Dunning what else can they do? Another year of Shields and Covey?

At least I have the Bears to distract me from this.

Similar to Ohtani, it's good that it happened now compared to potentially having it blow out in Spring Training next year. We can second guess until the cows come home, but chances are this was unavoidable without a far less aggressive innings regimen for him. I don't care about the team control, these are the chances you take and it may well have kept our competitive window earlier than it would have been if he had to miss most of 2021.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Similar to Ohtani, it's good that it happened now compared to potentially having it blow out in Spring Training next year. We can second guess until the cows come home, but chances are this was unavoidable without a far less aggressive innings regimen for him. I don't care about the team control, these are the chances you take and it may well have kept our competitive window earlier than it would have been if he had to miss most of 2021.

This means too much. I want to commit White Sox Harikari. This entire season is so White Sox. Remind me why JR couldn't have fired Hahn/KW mid-season 2018? They both deserved it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Shocked. Nothing much to say. Typical White Sox luck. Injuries have gutted this organization now for three straight years.

I think the only thing that turns around the bad "karma" is to can the front office (since the owner isn't going anywhere), start over and hope for the best.

Just sick right now hearing this. 

10 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Seconded. I knew these meatball posts were coming as soon as I heard the news. Injuries happen in rebuilds, everything won’t happen as fast as it did for teams like the Cubs. Get off Hahn’s ass everyone and go have a ****ing drink.

The Cub were smart and did not rebuild mainly around pitching like the Sox. There is absolutely no guarantee that this rebuild turns into anything like the Cubs or Astros. Can we please get a mulligan on the Chris Sale trade? 

• Thanks 2