Rebuild= Epic Fail

footlongcomiskeydog

Yoan Moncada= Strike out king with less WAR on the year than David Bote 

Lucas Giolito= xFIP of 5.48. That is no bueno.

Reynaldo Lopez=xFIP of 5.42. Not as bad as Giolito but still no bueno

Michael Kopech=  In the infirmary for the foreseeable future 

Luis Robert= No homers so far in full season minor league play and is built like the tin man.  

Nick Madrigal= No dingers or triples in 43 minor league games

Jake Burger= Probably retore his achilles answering the door for his Dominoes Pizza delivery

Carson Fulmer=  Soon to be pursuing opportunities on the traveling swim meet circuit as a goggle salesman.

Letting Rick Hahn and company architect this rebuild was a terrible decision. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? 

Edited by footlongcomiskeydog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Luis Robert= No homers so far in full season minor league play and is built like the tin man.  

Jake Burger= Probably retore his achilles answering the door for his Dominoes Pizza delivery

Carson Fulmer=  Soon to be pursuing opportunities on the traveling swim meet circuit as a goggle salesman.

Letting Rick Hahn and company architect this rebuild was a terrible decision. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? 

I’m going to take one for the team but it’s worth it. You’re an imbecile 

see yall in a month everyone 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I do agree, there isn’t another organization in baseball that would have let RH do a rebuild after seeing his previous results. It makes me very skeptical. As for the other stuff, all true, but....that is part of development. If you are all in on a rebuild, you have to expect things like this, not everyone will work out. Some will get hurt, some will suck, some will improve and be what they were projected to be. It takes a little while and a lot of luck. We just have to hope Ricks previous results are no indication as to how this will work out, or we all are going to be pretty upset.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

No doubt the rebuild has gone backwards a bit this year. But I'm still hopeful. There's a lot to look forward to still.

I think the onus is on the Sox to do something this winter that will excite the fanbase. I want to see a big free agent signing. Pair that player up with Eloy next year, and the future will hopefully look a lot brighter a year from now.

6 hours ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

I knew you would be on here gloating in the wake of this terrible news and you didn’t disappoint.  This must be the best day of your year, you fake f***ing fan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

This is certainly a depressing list but it is what it is. There are 2 things that can be done this coming off season. Hahn can make some trades or he can sign some free agents. If you look at Hahns track record most of his trades and free agent signings have turned out bad. This is the 6th year under Hahn as the White Sox GM and the team has yet to have a winning season. Some people who post here keep talking about the White Sox going to the playoffs sometime soon. I'm just hoping the team has a winning season sooner rather than later. To the best of my knowledge Hahn is signed thru the 2019 season. If the 2019 season turns out to be another dreadful year I'm hoping Hahn will be  gone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I knew you would be on here gloating in the wake of this terrible news and you didn’t disappoint.  This must be the best day of your year, you fake f***ing fan.

Woah, take it easy there tough guy. No one is gloating here. Sometimes the truth really does sting.

I'm an authentic fan! I want this organization to win another WS in my lifetime. That is never going to happen under this current regime and it is becoming more and more clear with each passing day. People are already talking about trading Rodon on here and how the Kopech injury is gonna push back the rebuild window a couple years. Why delay what seems inevitable at this point? Fire Hahn and company and hire some people who actually know what they are doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He reminds me of a moron. Was Ken Blanks a moron?

No, he was the most aggressively pessimistic person in the history of the planet. I don’t recall seeing him after mid-2000s, which leads me to believe he spontaneously combusted upon feeling a glimmer of joy in October 2005.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I do agree, there isn’t another organization in baseball that would have let RH do a rebuild after seeing his previous results. It makes me very skeptical. As for the other stuff, all true, but....that is part of development. If you are all in on a rebuild, you have to expect things like this, not everyone will work out. Some will get hurt, some will suck, some will improve and be what they were projected to be. It takes a little while and a lot of luck. We just have to hope Ricks previous results are no indication as to how this will work out, or we all are going to be pretty upset.

The inability of the front office to develop young talent is why the rebuild was necessary, yet that same front office is now in charge of developing young talent again. Really is mind blowing, but you cant fire the owner so here we are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

The inability of the front office to develop young talent is why the rebuild was necessary, yet that same front office is now in charge of developing young talent again. Really is mind blowing, but you cant fire the owner so here we are.

The talent acquired seems to be developing pretty well in the minors. I wouldn't make those conclusions until they make it or bust in the MLB.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Rick Hahn number of postseason appearances as GM=0

FootlongComiskeydog number of postseason appearances as GM=0

There are morons all over this world. 

FootlongComiskeydog number of in-the-vicinity-of-optimistic posts=0

FootlongComiskeydog number of overreactions=infinite

FootlongComiskeydog reasons for continuing to be a Sox fan=0

• Love 1

The two main issues are worthwhile discussing since they seem to be impacting the rebuild:

1. Is the same front office that drove the franchise into the ditch it is now in capable of fixing the damage they did?

2. Given the past three seasons worth of injuries at the major and minor league level is there something that may be missing now from a training / conditioning standpoint? If you can't keep the guys you are counting on to anchor the rebuild healthy at all levels (including the major leagues) you have a serious issue.

It is still to early to call the rebuild a success or a failure. The next two years, I think, will help determine that. If at the end of the 2020 season the Sox are still floating around the 60-65 win mark, then ownership (whomever that may be) is going to have to make a decision on the future of the front office and the direction this team needs to go in, in my opinion.

I had hoped for some real improvement in the won/lost column in 2019, not contention, not a winning season but real improvement. I'm afraid now that doesn't seem like a real possibility. 

• Like 1