Baseball in America on Saturday night 9-8 as Angels take on our Sox

elrockinMT

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Trout will probably go down as the greatest hitter I've (and the game has) ever seen.

That's nonsense.  Trout has never hit .400 nor has he ever hit 61 HRs in 154 games or anything close to those numbers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

The Angels made the ALDS in 2014 and lost to the Kansas City Royals. Trout was 1/12 with a HR and 3 walks.

Here's a little postseason success for you: Reggie Jackson's teams won five WS from 1972 to 1978. Yogi Berra had similar success. 

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Dude just turned 27 too. Greatest. Hitter. Eva.

I say Bonds. He was a 500 HR/3,000 hit guy before steroids. His hand-eye coordination was insane. Besides hitting, he also stole a bunch of bases and won a bunch of GG’s... but that’s just me.

Trout’s in the top 3 however

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I say Bonds. He was a 500 HR/3,000 hit guy before steroids. His hand-eye coordination was insane. Besides hitting, he also stole a bunch of bases and won a bunch of GG’s... but that’s just me.

Trout’s in the top 3 however

Oh no doubt Bonds is #1 for me. You can add Frank and a whole lot of others too. I'm just projecting what he's doing now and will probably continue to do as his numbers are seemingly getting better every year. I should've said player, not hitter but both apply since he actually plays CF too and is pretty damn good there as well. He is just scary good.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Oh no doubt Bonds is #1 for me. You can add Frank and a whole lot of others too. I'm just projecting what he's doing now and will probably continue to do as his numbers are seemingly getting better every year. I should've said player, not hitter but both apply. He is scary good.

Trout’s walk up song is “Yikes” by Kanye.

Shit could get menacing. frightening, find help, sometimes I scare myself

Scary indeed and apparently he agrees

11 minutes ago, Insp said:

That's because you don't have the facts to back you up.

His OPS gets better every year. It’s currently 1.064 this season and almost 1.000 for his career. That for a career, which is going to be attainable at his current pace, would be better than everyone but Ruth, Williams and Gehrig.