Baseball in America on Saturday night 9-8 as Angels take on our Sox

elrockinMT

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I can't believe a couple of people were hoping that the Sox brought back Shields next season.  Haven't you seen enough yet?

Why is he still around now? Shouldn't these starts being going to guys like Stephens, Adams, Guerrero, and Fulmer?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Yep. Lots of strip malls, spray tans, McMansions, and breast implants.

I prefer Malibu, Silverlake, and the canyons of LA.

Trout cost himself 100 million or more by signing that extension. 

LA isn’t very far and Malibu isn’t too bad of a drive. Point is, he grew up in that dump they call New Jersey so compared to that, Anaheim is terrific. He took $150 million to play in SoCal. Can’t say I blame him.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

I say Bonds. He was a 500 HR/3,000 hit guy before steroids. His hand-eye coordination was insane. Besides hitting, he also stole a bunch of bases and won a bunch of GG’s... but that’s just me.

Trout’s in the top 3 however

I always point this out - there's no reason to assume that he was clean prior to 1998. He could just as easily have started steroids in 1980 and then switched to a more potent steroid in 1998 when his body exploded and, per that one book, he said to Griffey that he was going on the "Hard stuff". That line could easily have indicated he was on softer stuff, a-la Palmeiro or someone like that, whose body did not explode.

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I always point this out - there's no reason to assume that he was clean prior to 1998. He could just as easily have started steroids in 1980 and then switched to a more potent steroid in 1998 when his body exploded and, per that one book, he said to Griffey that he was going on the "Hard stuff". That line could easily have indicated he was on softer stuff, a-la Palmeiro or someone like that, whose body did not explode.

Against an entire league that was also on drugs, hard or soft. What a dumb conversation. He was great.

10 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Does anyone remember what it is like to watch a meaningful baseball game in September? 

Also, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Sox FO just sets their out of office email responder to turn on after Labor Day weekend every year. 

I'd settle for seeing a meaningful post.

• Like 1