Baseball in America on Saturday night 9-8 as Angels take on our Sox

elrockinMT

10 hours ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

This team looks like it cannot wait for this season to end. I don't think they will win more than 5 games the rest of the way.

Next road trip is vs. KC and Baltimore. I am guessing no team has ever had afraid trip vs. teams collectively under .500 more then them  it may be the easiest road trip of all time.

I try not to be critical of White Sox manager Rick Renteria. The 2018 season has been a lost cause from Opening Day. No manager could get this team into the playoffs. I went to last nights game and Trout hit a HR in the first inning. Trout came up the next time with runners on 2nd and 3rd with first base open. Most managers with any sense would have intentionally walked Trout to load the bases. Instead he was pitched to and he hit another HR. The game was then out of reach. I realize that this is a rebuilding/tanking season but still pitching to Trout in that situation was wrong. I can see why the bad guys on the Northside paid off Renteria not to manage there team .

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I try not to be critical of White Sox manager Rick Renteria. The 2018 season has been a lost cause from Opening Day. No manager could get this team into the playoffs. I went to last nights game and Trout hit a HR in the first inning. Trout came up the next time with runners on 2nd and 3rd with first base open. Most managers with any sense would have intentionally walked Trout to load the bases. Instead he was pitched to and he hit another HR. The game was then out of reach. I realize that this is a rebuilding/tanking season but still pitching to Trout in that situation was wrong. I can see why the bad guys on the Northside paid off Renteria not to manage there team .

Would the Cubs have fired Ricky if Maddon had not made himself a Free Agent?

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Trout came up with runners on 1st and 2nd. They moved up while he was batting and the count was 3-2.  Now, could you still put him on? Sure.

26 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The issue I had with him was Trouts next time up. After homering against the wind twice, Shields pitches to him, allows a shot to center and then is yanked. If he was going to be pulled, why wait until after he faces someone who is owning him? I know the answer is going to be lefty for Ohtani, but Sheilds wasn’t fooling Trout. It was batting practice. Silly IMO.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

Would the Cubs have fired Ricky if Maddon had not made himself a Free Agent?

Maybe they'd have given him a year as they didn't know they were quite ready to win.  But there's no way they'd keep him to manage a ready-to-win team.  Also, unlike other "modern" front offices, Theo has hired strong managers in both places (others hire managers the FO can control).