There is Baseball Tonight- 9-11-18 Chicago at Kansas City

elrockinMT

If Eloy Jimenez doesn't come up and hit 800-850 the first three months next year, there will be a ton of fans jumping ship.

This rebuild was largely predicated on Kopech, Moncada and Robert being superstars, and none of them are even close right now...so everything is basically riding on Eloy's knees and Cease's elbow at this point.

It's pretty easy to imagine reactions on here to the typical Class B/C free agents we're going to roll out there.  Watching these games with Detroit, Minnesota and KC are becoming almost unbearable with the "race of the bottom" mentality that we're currently witnessing.

Otoh, having a #3 pick (instead of 4-6) will give us ANOTHER reason to get excited about next year.  Jimenez is pretty much it, for now.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, flavum said:

When I saw the dot, I was rooting to see Moncada ejected himself. I don’t know how he doesn’t lose it after a while.

After tonight, 50 of his strikeouts this season are called strikes on pitches out of the zone. Next closest batter has 36

23 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yeah -- Im just tuning in here on SoxTalk to post my dismay.

Looking night after night at the beatings these Sox are taking from teams that are just not good is hilariously bad. I'm thankful I haven't been watching in the past week. 

The same thing happened in Ventura's 1st year.  It was teams like the Royals who put the possibility of a post season away.

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

After tonight, 50 of his strikeouts this season are called strikes on pitches out of the zone. Next closest batter has 36

maybe a stretch, but I think the SO problem is improving. It seems like the 2 or 2+ games are not happening and he has more 1 or 0 SO games. There are a lot of different umpires so the 50 is partly his issue as that unfortunately is the strike zone being called. Luckily Reynolds  220+ number most likely won't happen.  

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think this goes back to about 2 months ago when Renteria DID stand up for Moncada and pissed and moaned that the kid wasn't getting any calls.  The writer at mlb.com noted that umpires remember those things and will probably hold it against the kid for the rest of the season.  Looks like he was right.

2 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

I think this goes back to about 2 months ago when Renteria DID stand up for Moncada and pissed and moaned that the kid wasn't getting any calls.  The writer at mlb.com noted that umpires remember those things and will probably hold it against the kid for the rest of the season.  Looks like he was right.

Well then umpires are assholes