Game night Tuesday September 18th Chicago at Cleveland

elrockinMT

16 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Engel goes 0-3 with 3  K's.  And to top it off, all 3 AB's were with runners in scoring position.  Is it a wonder he always gets pinch hit for late in the game?

Even though he's got his BA over .235, is he the starting CF next year?

Yes until they get someone better.  His defense at least helps young pitchers for now

16 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Engel goes 0-3 with 3  K's.  And to top it off, all 3 AB's were with runners in scoring position.  Is it a wonder he always gets pinch hit for late in the game?

Even though he's got his BA over .235, is he the starting CF next year?

With what Engel has hit in the second half (.271/.289/.413/.701) plus his defense in CF (3rd of all CFs in Range factor and OOZ plays)  he is the leader by far to be the starter on opening day 19.

That said, it is only a matter of time with Luis Gonzalez and Luis Robert in the system. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is a pop culture reference.  Jason loves dropping them. It is probably the closest thing to a "thing" he has. 

What exactly did he say? I’m a big fan of The Wire, but I missed the game, so I’m curious. I’m assuming it had to be something with Omar. Omar comin?

49 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With what Engel has hit in the second half (.271/.289/.413/.701) plus his defense in CF (3rd of all CFs in Range factor and OOZ plays)  he is the leader by far to be the starter on opening day 19.

That said, it is only a matter of time with Luis Gonzalez and Luis Robert in the system. 

We hope; but Robert doesn't have a single homer outside of the DSL and Gonzalez is still in A ball himself.
I guess Engel starts - but he's a bad hitter, but I guess there's not reason not to give him another year at this point.

9 hours ago, GreenSox said:

We hope; but Robert doesn't have a single homer outside of the DSL and Gonzalez is still in A ball himself.
I guess Engel starts - but he's a bad hitter, but I guess there's not reason not to give him another year at this point.

Think Jim Landis for now...............................