9/22- Cubs vs Sox, 6:10

flavum

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m sick of Giolito being garbage. 

I've never seen a team be on his breaking stuff like the Cubs were in that 1st inning. He gave up the hit and HR on a curveball(albeit it was a hanger) and a changeup. Usually when he got hit hard it was off his fastball. What happened to the guy that shut down the Red Sox 3 weeks ago? 

I want to continue to believe in this guy figuring it out eventually but he's making it really hard. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

17 minutes ago, Tony said:

He’s gone 170 IP this season and has an ERA near 6. At this point, I don’t care about details. Stop being terrible. 

His ERA was so bad over the 1st 2 months of the season that the fact he got it under 6 is a minor miracle. I thought that given how horrible Giolito started out that if he got it to around 5.50 by the end of the season that was a major win. 

EDIT: Much better in the 2nd inning. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

His ERA was so bad over the 1st 2 months of the season that the fact he got it under 6 is a minor miracle. I thought that given how horrible Giolito started out that if he got it to around 5.50 by the end of the season that was a major win. 

EDIT: Much better in the 2nd inning. 

Apparently 5 straight retired now.

The kid's got talent and I definitely expect him to show a lot better next year, but I also think that anyone saying that a rotation anchored by Rodon, Lopez, and Giolito in 2019 can hang with Indians, Red Sox, and Astros rotations aren't anywhere close to reality.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Apparently 5 straight retired now.

The kid's got talent and I definitely expect him to show a lot better next year, but I also think that anyone saying that a rotation anchored by Rodon, Lopez, and Giolito in 2019 can hang with Indians, Red Sox, and Astros rotations aren't anywhere close to reality.

There's no argument there. That is why losing Kopech hurts so badly. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Apparently Cleveland just became the first team ever with 4 200K pitchers in a season a moment ago.

They're the AL dark horse. If not the Astros or Red Sox, it will be them. I don't see the Yankees or A's beating any of those three. Houston-Cleveland is going to be a hell of a ALDS series. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I actually hope his defensive metrics are bad so it helps reinforce how bad defensive metrics are. 

Defensive metrics are meh at best. They think Engel sucks in CF. The eye test still wins when it comes to defense.  For some reason people think Moncada isn't that great of a 2B but I beg to differ. I think he could be every bit as good at it as Anderson is at SS. 

Edited by Jack Parkman