Sox vs. Cubs 9/23/18

Insp

51 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No, not enough coming up by then and especially with Kopech in recovery mode in 2020. But this team better darn well be great in 2021.

To be a great team, you have to have some great players. You have seen some of the young talent in Rodon,Anderson, Moncada, Fulmer, Gio and Lopez. How many are great after 1-3 years. So even 2021 is a stretch to expect the next wave to be great.  Unless Hahn intends to sign 2-3  top free agents and trade some of the young talent to acquire established stars.  

• Like 1

Just now, SCCWS said:

To be a great team, you have to have some great players. You have seen some of the young talent in Rodon,Anderson, Moncada, Fulmer, Gio and Lopez. How many are great after 1-3 years. So even 2021 is a stretch to expect the next wave to be great.  Unless Hahn intends to sign 2-3  top free agents and trade some of the young talent to acquire established stars.  

Eloy, Kopech, Robert should be arriving in 2021, and we should have at least 1 big FA signing somewhere before then, and it's entirely reasonable to think that there should be 1-2 breakout guys from the list of players already up.

If those guys systematically bust, then we can write Rick Hahn's epitaph as worst GM in baseball history in 2021. 

Ill miss hawk. And I'm basicly crying right now. Yes I'll admit it. I turned 43 last Thursday and hawk has been a part of my life since I was 14 in1990. Its like an end of an era. Closing up a book. I know at the end hawk had some slips. But whitesox baseball won't be the same. Actually to me hawk is white Sox baseball. Thank you hawk!

• Love 1