Fluid Situation:Rod Rosenstein may be fired/ may resign/ may stay on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bmags

Is he resigning or being fired based on the failing NYT fake news report about his comment about Trump and the 25th amendment?

It is pretty funny how they pick and choose what is fake and what is not. It's all fake when they don't like it, but someone not loyal to Supreme Leader Trump, must go.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Is he resigning or being fired based on the failing NYT fake news report about his comment about Trump and the 25th amendment?

It is pretty funny how they pick and choose what is fake and what is not. It's all fake when they don't like it, but someone not loyal to Supreme Leader Trump, must go.

Resigning in anticipation of being fired

I wonder if this triggers the protests

Just now, G&T said:

Strange to me. I don't see why he doesn't just wait to be fired since he seemed to still have congressional support.

Pete Williams is reporting rosenstein refuses to resign and will have to be fired. WH appears to have leaked he resigned.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Pete Williams is reporting rosenstein refuses to resign and will have to be fired. WH appears to have leaked he resigned.

Makes sense. Seems like a White House plant that he resigned.

Obviously this means we're going to get a Mueller bombshell this week.

Fired vs. Resigned is an important distinction procedurally

Hope whatever reporters got the "resigned" claim from a "senior administration official" burn their source for lying. Far too many reporters refuse to have any accountability for lying sources. If you give them anonymity and they lie, they should lose that protection.

I think the obvious answer is they wanted to pressure him into resigning because they want him out and are afraid to fire him, and Rod screwed everything up for the White House by very publicly having it said that he would not resign, and they would have to fire him.  Once that was out, then it was just a "clearing of the air" or whatever BS du jour it became.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think the obvious answer is they wanted to pressure him into resigning because they want him out and are afraid to fire him, and Rod screwed everything up for the White House by very publicly having it said that he would not resign, and they would have to fire him.  Once that was out, then it was just a "clearing of the air" or whatever BS du jour it became.

Could be. I think in general this was a bad day for reporting though. Total twitter race, I bet a lot of people were like "if there is an unscheduled meeting with the white house it's likely one thing", but equally could have been he was going to get fired, WH felt push back, then just a misunderstanding and "fake news".

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Could be. I think in general this was a bad day for reporting though. Total twitter race, I bet a lot of people were like "if there is an unscheduled meeting with the white house it's likely one thing", but equally could have been he was going to get fired, WH felt push back, then just a misunderstanding and "fake news".

Axios got played by a senior administrative official, which kicked this whole thing off. 

None of the reporters are willing to burn sources that burn them, so this sort of thing will keep happening.

2 hours ago, G&T said:

Makes sense. Seems like a White House plant that he resigned.

Obviously this means we're going to get a Mueller bombshell this week.

So they either halt the investigation or Mueller releases something soon? Hopefully he gets to finish his investigation.

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

So they either halt the investigation or Mueller releases something soon? Hopefully he gets to finish his investigation.

The scary thing is Mueller wouldn't "release" a report. He will submit his report to the DOJ in charge. They could then decide to do something or just release it to congress. Or they could kill it.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

The scary thing is Mueller wouldn't "release" a report. He will submit his report to the DOJ in charge. They could then decide to do something or just release it to congress. Or they could kill it.

So it has to go to the DOJ first before congress? If the DOJ didn’t release it you would have to think the administration would lose the 2020 election.